A question for the women whom had the gastric bypass??????

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/04 8:54 am - old bridge, NJ
Is there anyone who also has Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome that had a gastric bypass? If so, was it successful in helping you lose weight. I had gone for my consult with the surgeon and he feels that I may have a harder time losing weight because of the hormones assiciated with Poly Cystic. Any information you could provide would be great. My surgery date is Nov. 15th and I sure would like to know some information before sticking to that date. Thanks and God Bless. If anyone ever needs a friend please email me at [email protected], I've been kind of lonley in this process...... Kristie Marie
lheaton
on 10/25/04 10:36 am - millville, NJ
Hello Kristie My name is Crystal. I had the surgery in May 2003. I Have Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. My wieghtloss was normal and i now recieve my period every month, Although I may not be able to concieve the surgery has helped with my hormones and I feel more like a woman now. My periods are more normal. I have lost 100lbs i still have about 40 more to loose that i will have to work to get off. I think this surgery will help you as it has helped me. This is my mothers address you may email me back anytime if you have any other questions at [email protected] hope to hear from you soon
Randi F.
on 10/27/04 3:28 am - West Orange, NJ
I've known I had PCOS since I was 17. I'm 33 now. Had WLS on 7/20/04 and have lost 62 lbs in 3 months. PCOS has in NO WAY slowed my weight loss... I was a relative light-weight as far as WLS patients go: 233 on surgery day and now 171, but at that start-weight 62 lbs seems like lightening speed to me! I couldn't be happier. I had tried for 10 years to conceive. I did have success with IVF eventually. I now have a baby boy who turned 1 last week. My surgeon REPEATEDLY told my husband and I together and then seperately to be very, very careful to use a good method of birth control. Post WLS, it's all a different game for us gals. I'm no longer on Met or blood pressure medication. I'm feeling like I won the lottery. I still have the yucky cosmetic effects of PCOS, but they haven't gotten any worse since surgery... in fact, perhaps a bit better. Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics