Enjoying Post-Op Life

jlewisjr
on 10/22/04 3:13 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Hi Everyone: It's time again for another weekly story from the WLS front. I am now beginning my 14th month since surgery and I am noticing a enjoyable trend. More and more people are now stoping by my cube at work to say hello with a smile. Before my surgery this was not always the case. I guess the "new & improved" me is having some sort of joyus effect on people. Not that I'm going to complain about the increased attention and the positive comments (especially from the ladies) but sometimes it really makes you wonder what everyone sees in me that they didn't see 13 months ago. Like I have said in the past, I feel that I'm the same person I was before surgery but now it's in a different package. I see myself as a healthier person first and the secondary results are just icing on the cake. I no longer see myself as being fat and I'm enjoying my lifestyle at this moment. I'm eating healthier, I enjoy buying smaller size clothes. In fact, I had to buy some long sleeved shirts this week because last year's shirts are now too big. I want to encourage everyone to enjoy your "new & improved" life. Even if you're losing slowly you are still losing so don't get discouraged. Till next time, Jesse 373/190/-183
louella H.
on 10/22/04 3:39 am - millville, nj
Jesse, Your joy makes me feel joyful!! Lu
Kristine K.
on 10/26/04 2:53 am - Toms River, NJ
I saw you're before and after. You look MAH-VELOUS!! Also, I'm glad you are feeling healthy too! Kris
Most Active
Recent Topics