Anyone dealing with Aetna or have you dealt with Aetna recently?

goddesstre
on 10/21/04 4:07 am - Harrisburg, PA
I am coming up to my 5th visit with my dietician (I was told by Dr. Bertha's office Aetna is approving after 5mos now) and getting nervous because I'm not sure what to do from here. My PCP is acting like a moron, he says he has other patients that went for surgery, however he doesn't know what Aetna will need. I just wondered if anyone has encountered any problems recently with getting approved through Aetna? I don't mean to be a pain, but I'm trying to get surgery in before the end of the year, because only god knows if my company will switch insurances again... Thanks.
Susan Hegarty
on 10/21/04 4:19 am - Easton, PA
Hi Tammy, you can read Aetna's policy by visiting http://www.aetna.com/cpb/data/CPBA0157.html Good luck to you, Susan
Joisey_Girl
on 10/21/04 5:56 am - NJ
Hi Tammy, I was just approved with Aetna Managed Choice POS. I completed the 3-month multi-disciplinary pre-surgical regimen. (I was originally denied back in April.) Good luck! Let me know if you need anything.
lorihauck
on 10/24/04 3:24 am - east windsor, NJ
RNY on 11/09/04 with
aetna was a nightmare in this..i had to show bi weekly weighins for 6 months and also nutritionist and physician approved diet plan that i was on consecutive for 6 months i gave them 2 yrs, he said modified weigh****chers....under their supervision....i hope this helps....my primary is an idiot too....i had to do paperwork he signed after i had words with him....LH NJ
Most Active
Recent Topics