sick & have to reschedule../bad rap

lorihauck
on 10/9/04 11:45 pm - east windsor, NJ
RNY on 11/09/04 with
i came down with a cold on friday night which lead to bronchitis by sat...i am feeling much bettertoday besides a croupy cough and rattling when i breath but i don't feel i am in shape for tuesday scheduled 12th surgery ..i left messages with my surgeons (Dr. Samual Wasser) ans svc but i have to wait until Mon morning to get a call back...on top f that someone whom had a bad experience with this surgery has been planting horrific things in my parents minds and now I am dealing with 2 issues....I'm on the lighter side..being only about 75 lbs overweight but i am suffering from other ailments which is why i decided to help myself..all messages welcome......ty, Lori
Susan Hegarty
on 10/10/04 11:44 am - Easton, PA
Hi Lori I am so sorry that you are sick. That is one of my biggest concerns with my upcoming surgery this December. I am so prone to getting bronchitis every year, never fails. I have just gotten over a nasty bout and have the same croupy cough as you as well as the wheezing. I just quit smoking so I am hoping this improves my chances of getting sick. But I definately feel for you. We work so hard to get our surgery dates and then we are disapointed. But everything happens for a reason and this too shall pass and before you know it you will be on the losing side!! I can also relate to the negative stories and stuff and the only thing I can say to that is what works for me...Keep posting your feelings, give it to God and accept the support of all of us who are going through it with you as well as your family and friends that support your decision. Best of luck to you and feel better soon!! Susan
Jenny B.
on 10/14/04 1:26 am - Venus, MD
Hi Lori, I'm sorry to hear that you're ill and have to re-schedule. We wait so long for this day and this is the last thing we want to happen. I had my surgery on September 3rd, so I'm just about a month and a half out. I've lost 36 lbs. so far. I had a mild cough and some phlem before going in for my surgery and I had stopped smoking 6 weeks prior. My blood work came back a little odd and they asked me if I had mild infection and I said no because the phlem I was coughing up was white. So I thought there was no infection and I felt fine. Well don't you know that day after my surgery I thought I would die. When I woke up I was coughing up all this green icky stuff and I was so short of breath and my breathing sounded awful. They started me on an antibiotic immediately and the doctor quickly ordered another chest x-ray and he sent the crap I was coughing up to the lab for to get it tested. He was so sure I had pnemonia, but the tests came back negative. He sent it again to be sure and it turned out I had a case of bronchitis. He simply said it was probably building before my surgery and I just took my last pill yesterday for it....thank God. I have enough pills to take....lol. Well I glad that you're feeling better and I hope you entire situation improves. Good luck....
lorihauck
on 10/15/04 10:58 pm - east windsor, NJ
RNY on 11/09/04 with
Hey thank you for the encouragement.., i am glad now that I r/s cause i was so sick that day it wouln't have happened anyway and I would have cried.... but I am still not well it is way better by far ut I have a while before i am 100%..Might I add....U look fabulous...keep up the good work and stay in touch, Lori NJ...
Most Active
Recent Topics