I'M APPROVED!! OMG!!

Joisey_Girl
on 10/5/04 6:42 am - NJ
I was still waiting on Aetna (my primary insurance) to make a decision on my Appeal. They have been dragging their feet... On 10/1, Barix submitted to my secondary (Horizon BC/BS of NJ). Not sure why they didn't submit to them back in April but anyway...I called Horizon today for a status - I am approved 100% !! They are in-network!! They already faxed an approval to Barix! The lady in the insurance department at Barix did say we MIGHT need to wait for Aetna's decision anyway, but she would have Rena contact me tomorrow for sure. I probably won't get a surgery date until January, but that is fine by me! I absolutely cannot wait to join everyone on the losing side!! Thank you, one and all, for the support, advice, suggestions, etc.!!
Susan Hegarty
on 10/5/04 8:51 am - Easton, PA
Hi Christine, Congrats on your approval!!! I am so happy for you. I know how stressful it is going through al of the insurance hoops. I just recently changed to United Healthcare from Cigna (they are tough!!). I have surgery scheduled for this december. God willing everything will go well. Best of luck to you and again CONGRATS!!!! SUSAN
Joisey_Girl
on 10/6/04 12:24 pm - NJ
Hi Susan! Thank you so much! I am excited! I have to wait for Aetna to decide on my appeal, then schedule my surgery date. Either way, it doesn't matter what Aetna decides since BC/BS is picking up the tab! Best wishes to you on your December surgery! I will check your profile often for updates.
Krissy
on 10/5/04 11:28 pm - Cranford, NJ
Lots of luck to you! and CONGRATULATIONS!!! ~Kristin (doin' the happy dance!)
Joisey_Girl
on 10/6/04 12:26 pm - NJ
Hi Kristin! Thanks so much! You were one of the first people who I had "spoken" with when I first started researching this back in March. You look absolutely fantastic, by the way!! I will probably shoot for a surgery date sometime in January (I'm sure the surgeon is booked up until then anyhow). Wish me luck!
Krissy
on 10/6/04 11:57 pm - Cranford, NJ
I am so happy for you! Please keep us posted on your progress and surgery date!! Dont worry time will fly by and it will be here before you know it! I just stumbled upon a really good wls article from Spotlight Health. Please take the time to read... http://www.spotlighthealth.com/platforms/mo/obesityNews/obesityNewsDetails.aspx?id=84 ~Kristin
lorihauck
on 10/6/04 6:54 am - east windsor, NJ
RNY on 11/09/04 with
I am so happy for you....I have aetna also so i know what you are going thru...I had to go the distance too...good luck!!!.Lori
Joisey_Girl
on 10/6/04 12:29 pm - NJ
Hi Lori! Thanks! Your surgery date is only 6 days away - BEST OF LUCK to you! I know you will come through with flying colors! Please keep me posted!
lorihauck
on 10/6/04 11:28 pm - east windsor, NJ
RNY on 11/09/04 with
thanks for the good wishes..i am fighting a head cold seems like it is fading but i have to be 100 % by monday or have to get r/s.. keep your fingers crosses that i get over it quickly...~Lori
B4real
on 10/7/04 4:52 am - NJ
CONGRATULATIONS on your approval. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Most Active
Recent Topics