Husband doesn't want me to have WLS, now what?

nancy P.
on 10/2/04 9:59 am - Middlesex, NJ
Ever since I started researching WLS, my husband hopes I won't go through with it. He is worried that as a result of the surgery I will have physical limitations. What he is really worried about is if the surgery will affect my ability to have sex. With two babies, a pre-teen and teenager, lets face it, sex is almost obsolete here in this household. Will the surgery make the few and far between events even more infrequent? I was shocked and hurt when the first concern out of his mouth was about sex. I told him that it was a real piggish thing for him to ask. I don't know how to explain to him how important this idea is becoming to me. This subject is very difficult for me to talk to anyone about, now I don't feel comfortable talking to the one person I thought I could count on, my husband. Had anyone gone through this with their spouse or significant other? Any ideas? Nancy
thunderwp
on 10/2/04 12:32 pm - Dorothy, NJ
Ohhhhh.. you have one of those hubbys too? lol That seems to be all my hubbby thinks about....food and sex! I have a gastric band (4/04) and I was a litte of 300lbs at the time. I was able to have normal sex( as if anything is normal at this weight LOL) at about 4 or 5 weeks after. Ummm.... and well.. we're adults here... if you are uncomfortable with it.. be a little creative in your love-making..if U get my drift! LOL And if that still doesn't help... tell him to find a creative outlet... like cleaning the house for yah! That usually shuts em up quick! lol Best Wishes for yah!
Irene S.
on 10/2/04 2:34 pm - NJ
For many women, WLS improves their sex life. When we feel better about ourselves, both physically and mentally, it makes for an improvement in many other areas, including the bedroom.
Kathy W
on 10/4/04 6:13 am - NJ
Hi Nancy, My husband was apprehensive when I first brought up the subject of WLS too. Instead of arguing about it with him I sat him down at the computer and showed him this website and a bunch of the other info I had researched regarding WLS. Like you, sex is a not too frequent occurance in this household. We're both actually hopeful that a weight loss on my part will increase our sexual relationship. (I'm not comfortable with myself so I'm self-conscious during sex) The best advice I can give is to show him all the information you have and can get your hands on regarding the surgery. If I can help in anyway just let me know. Kathy Counting down to December 7th - I can't wait for the big day!!
thunderwp
on 10/8/04 11:32 am - Dorothy, NJ
Hey John , that was an excellent point! I so agree. My hubby was always supportive ..right from the beginning.. but you are right, I could tell that he was as scared as I was, not only for frear of the turning heads factor but also of losing me alltogether! We have been married alost 19 years and we are very close. We talked and talked about it for more then a year. I was bad though in winning him over... I told him just think of all those KiNkY things we can do again when I lose all that weight! Boy.. lemme tell yah.... it was pay-dirt ladies! lol
Most Active
Recent Topics