Support groups in Monmouth or Ocean county?

Christina P.
on 10/1/04 2:56 am - Jackson, NJ
Does anyone know of any support groups in Monmouth or Ocean County? The "Health Awareness Center" my doc wants me to go to charges $300, and I just don't have that kind of $money$ lying around. I wouldn't mind paying, but that's just too much for me. Thanx for the help.
njcutie
on 10/1/04 9:15 am - Brick, NJ
There is a support group held at Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch. They have meetings every 4th thrusday of the month. I do not know if they charge anything. They are having a meeting on October 28. I think if you called the main number to the hospital they will direct you to the support group number. Good luck.
cmr3399
on 10/1/04 12:49 pm - Bayville, NJ
Christina...Jersey Shore Medical Center also has one every month..I think That is where i will be headed too!!!! I don't have the 300.00 that the Heatlth Awareness Center wants either... Christine
karen B.
on 10/1/04 11:07 pm - NJ
I attend the group at Monmouth Medical and it is a great bunch of people. The next date is Oct. 28 ..call to register 1-888-SBHS-123 & there is no charge. Good Luck in your journey...........
Nannette
on 10/2/04 7:55 am - Toms River, NJ
There is an Ocean County WLS Support Group for post ops or "seriously pre-ops." held the first Friday of each month in Brick, NJ -- we are not affiliated with any hospital or specific Dr and are simply a group of post-op bariatric patients who come together each month for support. It is a great group of people -- we meet at 7:30pm at 525 Jack Martin Blvd, 3rd floor in Brick. You're welcome to attend. If you need more info, please e-mail me. Lap RNY 6/16/03 -- 336/164/150?
JC N.
on 10/5/04 11:33 am - Hamilton, NJ
Hi Christina! We have a patient to patient group that meets at Community Hospital on route 37 East. We meet once a month on the third Wednesday of the month in the Auditorium. Time is 7 - 9 PM. There is no cost, feel free to come if you'd like. If you want more information please feel free to e-mail me! Take care! Judy Begin A New You OSSG
Most Active
Recent Topics