Insurance Coverage/Plans in NJ

GERALDINE B.
on 9/28/04 5:08 am - TRENTON, NJ
Help! I need imput from anyone who has had bariatric surgery and under current coverage through the State of NJ with the following HMO's: AmeriHealth and Oxford Health Plan. Can you tell me what the plans guidelines are for approval for bypass surgery. I'm currently trying to change coverage from Aetna/USHC which really suck!!!! Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated!
thunderwp
on 9/29/04 3:08 pm - Dorothy, NJ
Hi Geraldine, I have no clue at the plans you mentioned, but I work for Atlantic County and my insurance is that NJ Plus Horizon BCBS and so far they have covered everything! I have called them many times to find out what and how they cover the Dr's I had to see before my surgery. As long as I chose the Doctors on their list.. the most I have had to make is a 5 dollar co pay. The refferals are a major pain.. but as long as they cover it .. I'll deal with it. I am going for my second fill and I heard that they only cover the first fill .. after that it is a 100. a pop with my insurance. Still.. all in all... that's not to bad. Best wishes!
john A.
on 10/4/04 8:32 am - eatontown, nj
i work for transit and they tell me i will be responsible for a 5 copay i did have to shell out 60 for the dietitcian and 200 for th physc but the rest is covered oh yea i have horizen bcbs ppo
Most Active
Recent Topics