pros & cons of gbs

Candice C.
on 9/21/04 3:43 am - West Deptford, NJ
I have decided that I am going to go through with the surgery. Recently I was having doubts about having it done but I have done some thinking and I am going to get the ball rolling again. So, I have scheduled my sleep apnea test for next Thursday 9/30/04. I wanted to know if anyone has any websites that they know of that I can see how this surgery pans out in like 5-10 years. Has it been around that long? If so, have there been problems with the staples down the road? Thanks, Candice Sewell, NJ
JanineNJ
on 9/21/04 4:18 am - NJ
Hi Candice- A good friend of mine had his surgery 4 1/2 years ago. He gained very little weight over the years (approx 20 lbs on and off) He says he still has the "full" feeling, can still only eat 2 slices of pizza (instead of the whole pie pre op)... I drill him constantly with questions... LOL He had open RNY. My surgeons group (dr brolin) has been doing RNY surgery for 20 years so its been around a while. His site is www.njbariatricspc.com. There are some pics of the surgery differences on there as well as some good info for pre ops. Good luck with your surgery ~Janine in Freehold
JanineNJ
on 9/21/04 4:22 am - NJ
Dont know how I did it but got the address wrong. It added a period after the .com Here it is again www.njbariatricspc.com ~Janine
Most Active
Recent Topics