ANY "LapBander's" out there? South Jersey-Got a surg date!

R B.
on 9/20/04 11:03 am - Mays Landing, NJ
Hello! I am going for Lap Band on Oct 21, Atlantic City Medical Center ( Dr S Patel) ! We need Lap Band support in South JERSEY! Where is everyone at? I notice local support groups are mostly if not all RNY post ops. Anyone have any Lap Band support? I am a nurse, 44 yrs old and also going to college, married with 2 small children, I would appreciate correspondence; Many Blessings Rae Ann
Candice C.
on 9/21/04 3:53 am - West Deptford, NJ
Hello, I am not to familiar with Lapband. I am looking into the RNY. Can you give me some info on the lapband procedure? I would like to look inot both. Candice Sewell, NJ
R B.
on 9/24/04 7:51 am - Mays Landing, NJ
Candice, do your homework! I researched for over 3 yrs before deciding on a band! Keep me posted! Rae Ann
lheaton
on 9/22/04 12:01 pm - millville, NJ
I have an appointment next week. I am considering the Lap Band or VBG. The idea of having my insides rearranaged kind of freaks me out but I really need a tool. I am 52 with life long weight issues. good luck
R B.
on 9/24/04 7:52 am - Mays Landing, NJ
Louella..I wrote you a email...please be well-informed before any decision is made! Rae Ann Anyone is welcome to email me: [email protected] I would love to meet other people from South NJ or NJ..with lapband concerns!
thunderwp
on 9/28/04 2:31 pm - Dorothy, NJ
I took about 2 years researching both options.. and frankly gastric bypass scared the poo outta me! I decided lapbanding was the "safe" decision for me. I have talked to several people having the bypass, I know several that died from the surgery also. I decided ..based on my personal research that lapbanding as less invasive.. less complications.. and the biggest factor for me.. reversible. I'm 38 married 3 kids.. 320 about the time of my surgery.. except for mild diabetes and of course the weight ...I was in great shape.. which made me do it before things got to bad. Everyones experience if different.. all I ask is that you think long and hard..take a good long look at your quality of life.. know your body inside and out and most of all pray for guidence.. That's how I made my decision. I wish you the best which ever you chose!- Candie
Joann P.
on 9/24/04 12:16 am - NJ
Hi RaeAnn, I had the lap band surgery on September 22nd. I am a little bit sore but the worst part was being nauseous after the surgery. I had the surgery at Robert Wood Johnson Hospital and I have to tell you they really sucked. I didn't get into a room until 4:00 a.m. Thursday, and I had my surgery at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday. They didn't get me out and walking at all on the first day which is very important I thought they were very overworked and understaffed. Other than that it was ok, I'm on clear liquids for a week and feeling a bit hungry. I am 41 years old and have 3 children. Don't worry, even though right now I'm not sure that this is the right thing everyone tells me that I will be happy I did it. I have been getting a lot of support on the lap band forum on this website. If you need to talk or have any questions, feel free to e-mail me. Joann
R B.
on 9/24/04 7:55 am - Mays Landing, NJ
Oh gee...sorry to hear you are having so many probelms Joann, it is still early..! Praying for a speedy recovery! I also am 43-have 2 kids , a nurse in ER..and going to college. I barely have time to 'stop for a band' placement...But I want to live longer to accomplish my goals and for these children to have a soccer mom who can keep up! Would love to hear from you Rae Ann [email protected]
karen B.
on 9/24/04 10:03 pm - NJ
Hi Girls, I am from Monmouth County and had band placement 3/8/04. I am 52 years old and have always had weight problems but was always able to control it with the normal diets until I stopped smoking at age 44 and peri-menopause which followed soon there after. In 8 yrs. I managed to gain 60 lbs while trying to diet 99 % of the time................then I found this WONDERFUL thing called lap band !!! After 6 months I am down 45 pounds, which could have been much more but we were away for a month this summer and I of course did not make wise food choices but GUESS WHAT........after a month I lost "ONLY" one pound..........before the band I would have gained at least 7 to 10 pounds.............I am so very thrilled that this was my weight loss choice. When I feel like I am beginning to eat too much I have a fill and again I become as restricted as the the first week. I will have this choice for the rest of my life. So far I have only paid $87.50 total out of pocket for the surgery and follow up visits & I have had 2 fills so far. BUT REMEMBER THAT ALL OF THE SURGERIES ARE ONLY TOOLS----IT IS UP TO YOU TO USE THEM THE PROPER WAY !!!! Support groups are really a wonderful way to get alot of info and to meet people who have gone through it.......you will hear the pros and cons of both types of surgeries. Good Luck to you on your journey.
thunderwp
on 9/27/04 12:15 pm - Dorothy, NJ
Hi there... I had a lap band on June 26th 04 by Dr. Patel too! I see that we are both from the MaysLanding area.. that's way cool. If you wanna chat or get together and talk.. feel free to email me at [email protected]. I am married, a police dispatcher and mother of three! Best of luck- Candie
Most Active
Recent Topics