insurance POST-OP

jmdacc
on 9/19/04 12:04 pm - Bridgewater, NJ
Hi gang, I have decided to take a position with a new company. I have the choice of going with Aetna, Cigna, or Horizon. I had my surgery 6 mos. ago with Horizon. My understanding has been that Aetna and Cigna give people more hassle for getting approved for surgery. My question is - how has your experience with these carriers been SINCE surgery? Are they covering follow up visits? Any trouble with coverage for complications? I am leaning toward Horizon (the devil I know), but that option is a little more expensive than Aetna or Cigna and I might go with them if I hear that post op treatment/care coverage is reasonable. Thanks for your opinions, Jen M
Nannette
on 9/20/04 12:13 am - Toms River, NJ
Hi Jen - I had Aetna for my surgery and still have them now -- no problems getting paid for post op visits thus far, but I haven't had any problems either. I don't know about plastic surgery -- just starting to get my documentation together to try and get some help with that. I suspect that my answer really doesn't help you at all. Good luck.
jersey girl
on 9/20/04 6:08 am - MONMOUTH COUNTY, NJ
You might want to check which insur cos have your MDs contracted "in network", and then check with your surgeon's billing dept (also if you have a plastic surgeon in mind check there as well) and ask what insur co pays them best with the least hassle. Good luck. JG
dpnna
on 9/20/04 7:29 am - w. orange, nj
I recently heard that horizon will no longer give bariatric surgery coverage to those with small employee groups after Jan 1 2005 -So if you work for a small company better ask!
Most Active
Recent Topics