~HELP~CHOSING JERSEY~

PAMELA B.
on 9/18/04 4:00 am - PHILADELPHIA, PA
Hi...Readers! Allow me to introduce myself. I am a single female age 49~no kids~I stand 5'11 and weigh 430 lbs with a BMI of 53.00....tell me I don't qualify...lol.. I have a degree in Music and I want to stand and sing again...I'm a Gospel Music Artist as well as a Corporate Professional with an expertise in the area of Federal Student Loans and City PropertyTaxes. Working in those fields for over 20yrs before becoming more ill with a degenerative spine disease etc..... I'm not from Philly, but, have been residing here for several years and the surgeons here in Philly are not too easy to deal with etc....enough of that. Should anyone be able to give me recommendations for surgeons who are performing the gastric bypass in the Jersey area I would gladly appprecatiate your kindness as well as your recommendation. I will have some travel problems, but, I'll work it out in that I do not drive nor do I have a automobile, but, God can make a way! I've heard such good responses from those persons who have had the surgery done by surgeons in New Jersey area. Should the surgeon have offices in Philly and Jersey or affiliated with a hospital in Philly as well as Jersey wouldn't that be a blessing! To all who are on this journey thanks for being there!.... Bless You!...Peaceful Blessings to All...Congratulations!
JanineNJ
on 9/18/04 4:25 am - NJ
I chose NJBariatrics for my surgery 6 mos ago. Dr Robert Brolin is considered a "pioneer" of WLS. (20 yrs and teaches it to everyone =) does lap and open surgeries) 4250 Route 1 North Monmouth Junction, NJ 08852 732-274-3434 They operate out of Princeton... dont know how far you'd be willing to go. Warning... the group is an "out of network" group. Your plan has to cover out of network doctors. Good luck with your dr choice- Research... research... research! -Janine
PAMELA B.
on 9/20/04 9:53 am - PHILADELPHIA, PA
Hello....Janine~ Thanks for the recommendation, words cannot express my gratitude I will definitely make the call and keep you updated. Peaceful Blessings....
Cherri
on 9/18/04 5:12 am - Carteret, NJ
Hello Pamela, My surgeon was Dr. Capella and he is an excellent surgeon! Here is a link to his website! Cherrion http://www.capellasurgery.com/ http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/forums/index.phtml?ID=983707536 The link above is a link to Dr. Capella's forum here at OH
PAMELA B.
on 9/20/04 9:55 am - PHILADELPHIA, PA
Hi Cherrion, Thanks you're an angel and I will keep you updated as well as make the call....
Susan Hegarty
on 9/19/04 6:33 am - Easton, PA
Hi Pamela, Best of luck to you on this journey. I am using Dr Andrei in West Orange / St Barnabus Medical Center. That may be a bit too far for you but he is an excellent surgeon. There are so many talented surgeons out there, keep looking and posting. Also, call your health plan customer service department, they may be able to direct you. Best of luck. Susan
PAMELA B.
on 9/20/04 9:57 am - PHILADELPHIA, PA
Thanks Susan...You are an angel for taking the time to give me a recommendation...Thanks for caring.....
MargaretCrowl
on 9/20/04 5:58 am - Somerset, NJ
I would highly recommend my surgeon, Dr. Alexander Abkin or his partner, Dr. Nicholas Bertha. They are based at Morristown Memorial Hospital which is an excellent hospital. They each do about 8 Lap RNY's a week. Although there are several other surgeons at Morristown who do the surgery, my primary physician told me to pick either Abkin or Bertha because they specialize in this specific surgery. Studies have proven that the more you do of a certain procedure, the better you get. I am now 8 months post-op and am doing GREAT with no complications. I don't know if these surgeons are in your insurance network but I know that the office staff will help you work out any insurance issues. By the way, there's going to be a live webcast of Dr. Abkin in the OR, on October 1 at 2 p.m. Go to http://www.or-live.com/morristown/1195/ for more information. For more detail about my experience with Dr. Abkin check out my personal profile page. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any other specific questions. GOOD LUCK.
PAMELA B.
on 9/20/04 10:04 am - PHILADELPHIA, PA
You look so good Margaret! Thanks for the detailed information that you've provided, and, whenever a recommendation is so well expressed as yours is, then I will definitely give it a try and make that call and present myself as best as possible, and, should they not know how proud you are of their practice and your outcome as well as their performance, I'll let them know how pleased you are! God Bless You! You have encouraged me, with that smile! Peaceful Blessings..I'll keep you posted.....Take care of you Woman!
Candice C.
on 9/21/04 3:51 am - West Deptford, NJ
Hello Pamela my name is Candice and I am a single female, 27, 275 lbs. and I don't have any kids either. I am in the process of getting the ball rolling here as well. I have my sleep apnea test next Thursday night. The doctor I chose was Dr. Gus Slotman in Cherry Hill, NJ. I met a patient of his and that is how he was recommended to me. His staff is very nice and I beleive that they are very informative. Here is his name, address & phone #. Dr. Gus Slotman 712 Haddonfield Road Cherry Hill, NJ 08002-2692 Phone #: 856-662-6371 Wishing you all the luck on your journey, Candice Sewell, NJ They are nice there so don't let them fool you when you hear her voice when she answers the phone. I was a little set back by that but once I got there they were very nice.
Most Active
Recent Topics