1st Anniversary Cruise/ Bicentennial Club

njquintana1
on 9/15/04 11:48 pm - Colonia, NJ
Hi, Haven't been on here much lately but will try to make time to give support. I do want to share this with you guys. I went on a cruise to Alaska on Princess to celebrate my 1st year out. I had gone on a cruise to Bermuda two weeks preop. I was exited on my Alaska cruise because I finnally had my mobility back, I could walk long distances, I fit in the chairs, I didn't need a seat belt extention on the plain, and I didn't cause plastic deck chairs to collapse. A cruise can be a challenge but I dump and I didn't want to dump so I watched my food intake. Low fat/Low carb/ Low sugar. I did eat a little more than I am used to but I also walked alot more. My 1st year post op check-up with my surgeon was yesterday, two days post cruise and I was afraid I was not going to meet my goal. I was actuelly afraid I might of gained. To my surprise I lost 6 pounds on the cruise!, putting me into the BiCentennial Club with a 200 lbs. weight loss since surgery! I can't believe I have lost this much. I look at my preop pics and I can't believe how big I was. This surgery has given me a new life. For those of you guys preop, stay the course, the changes this surgery brings about are incredible. It really is a life saver! Hope to be on here more often to give support, just want to return the support I got in my early stages. Peace and hope to ya all, Roger
Laura H.
on 9/16/04 6:34 am - Belford, NJ
WOW !!!! Thats great news !!!! Your really doing well !!!! Keep up the great job !!!! Can't wait to join you !!!! Laura
Most Active
Recent Topics