Vitamins???????

Dan W.
on 9/13/04 8:47 am - Toms River, NJ
I live in Toms River and want to know where I can purchase all the supplements and proteins around here for post op. I am having surgery next week. Any help wouold be appreciated Dan
Nannette
on 9/13/04 11:47 am - Toms River, NJ
Hey Dan -- I have been using the Vista Vitamins since I was about 4 months post op -- prior to that - used the children's chewables, etc. Eck... Love the Vista -- you can get them directly from vistavitamin.com. They also have an auto-refill program that saves you $10 each order, plus no need to re-order. They automatically will send them to you every 8 weeks. That is what I do, but you don't have to. My labs have been great. Good luck - let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. Regards, Lap RNY 6/16/03 -- 336/168/150
jlewisjr
on 9/13/04 12:57 pm - Elizabeth, NJ
Dan: Comming out of surgery you will only be able to do the chewable vitamins (i.e. Flintstones or some other children's chewable). As far as protein is concerned since you'll be on liquids for a few weeks, you may want to try a protein shake. You can get these from GNC, Vitamin World or the Vitamin Shoppe. I would suggest that you purchase the $3 to $4 single packs to find out which ones you will like or can tolerate before going for the 2 or 5 pound containers. Believe me when I tell you that your taste will change after surgery so I would not stock up beforehand. As always check with your surgeon to see what he requires. Jesse
Dan W.
on 9/13/04 2:18 pm - Toms River, NJ
Thanks Jesse.....also, do I need to take calcium or B-12 or anything other? I hear about these different vitamins, or should I just do a multi? You have been a great help lately, thanks Dan
GRISELDA POLANCO
on 9/13/04 12:57 pm - Hackensack, NJ
Hey Dan... I use Bariactric Advantage, at www.bariactricadvantage.com. They are great and very affordable. They all kinds of flavors to suit your liking. bye
Dan W.
on 9/13/04 2:21 pm - Toms River, NJ
Thanks Nannette and Griselda, you guys have also been a big help and I appreciate it. I'll check out all these web sites. I guess the flinstones are the way to go for now. Dan
Most Active
Recent Topics