It just never ends...

Susan Hegarty
on 9/8/04 2:05 pm - Easton, PA
My company was bought out by GE back in April and I just found out that our insurance company will most definately change now. I am freaking out because my 6 month doctor supervised diet will be completed the 2nd week in December and our new coverage goes into effect the 1st of the new year!! I am so worried that because of the size of GE they will have their own plan with the good ole "exclusion" in their policy. No one knows yet what plans will be offered so I just play the waiting game. All I need is to complete this 6 month diet for my approval. My mind is racing thinking, "can I be scheduled the end of December for my surgery"? Will the appoval take some time with Cigna? Our open enrollment is in October so I guess I will find out my choices then. But for now, well, it just never ends does it?
IrishIze
on 9/8/04 10:26 pm - NJ
I have Aetna, but as soon as the surgeon's office faxed in the last of the paperwork, I had my approval within three hours. Hopefully, you will still have a few benefit plans to choose from and Cigna will be one of them. Fingers crossed.... Nancy
(deactivated member)
on 9/9/04 4:44 am - Little Egg Harbor, NJ
Man, you're right....it never does end for you! Hopefully the switchover will take a little while and you'll be well on the other side by the time they iron out all the red tape :} On the other hand, maybe the new plan(s) will offer a less complicated, more WLS-friendly plan? Whatever the case, it's not like you're giving up....you've come WAY too far Hang in there and do one day at a time
Most Active
Recent Topics