5 weeks and I am down 51 pounds

missang
on 8/26/04 1:16 pm - Garfield, NJ
I am so happy about my weight loss but I am still so depressed I cry for nothing and feel like a jerk because it happens in front of people All I ever wanted was to lose weight. Now that I am here I am upset makes no sense to me anyone make sense out of this or knows what I am going throug. Please write me back. Thanks Andrea
jersey girl
on 8/27/04 3:07 am - MONMOUTH COUNTY, NJ
Andrea, Hang in there. Major surgery takes a toll on the body in many ways, hormones included. It can actually make depression worsen, and can be a problem as you struggle with the changes you are going through. So many of us have used food to make us feel better, now that it isn't there for us we have to learn new ways to comfort ourselves. Do not feel like a jerk, we all have been there, trust me. Just continue to follow the plan, and if the depression continues seek out some help for it. Confide in your MD. Continue to post on the board or email me anytime if you like. Good luck to you. JG
Donna T.
on 8/27/04 12:22 pm - Ocean County, NJ
1st off. Congrats on the 51 lbs! I know exactly what your saying about being emotional. Today, I said "Im sorry" to my husband.. He said for what.. I said, For everything! hehe I hear the 1st 2 months are the hardest. We will stick it out together.. Stay strong...
Most Active
Recent Topics