Still Hungry

SeaShoreClams H.
on 8/23/04 6:54 am - Jersey City, NJ
Okay I am very very very very worried. Is it normal to be hungry so soon after eating? I am very concerned. I am holding off.......but I am at a lost.
jersey girl
on 8/23/04 7:33 am - MONMOUTH COUNTY, NJ
Hi, First of all try not to worry. If you were an emotional eater preop, worry may trigger all the old habits, and trick you into thinking you are hungry when you may not be. Try to log what you eat, and check that you are still following the rules; drinking h2o, eating protein first, avoiding carbs, sugar, and high carb foods, and not sipping flids with meals. Hang in there, you can still lose a lot of wt. Good luck, JG
Denise W.
on 8/24/04 12:36 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Jersey girl's advice is excellent. Unfortunately the surgery didn't fix our heads, just our stomaches, so if you were a binge or compulsive eater before, that hasn't changed. More then likely, you're experiencing head hunger. Once you learn to recognize it for that, the urge will lessen a little - it won't ever go away - once a junkie, always, whether food or drugs - but you'll learn to overcome if you stay persistant. Hang in there - it gets easier with each episode! Along with Jersey Girl's suggestions, also try a warm cup of herbal tea, warm water always seems to make me feel full. You'll be fine! Denise
Most Active
Recent Topics