4 Weeks Post-Op....-52 lbs.

NJTony
on 8/20/04 12:05 pm - Bradley Beach, NJ
Hello everybody! this is my first time posting a message and definitely won't be the last. I weighed in before surgery- July 29th @ 505 lbs and have since lost 52 pounds. I am very inspired by everyones success and it helps to know that I'm not alone. I had no problems with the surgery, and with the little weight I've lost the body aches have diminished, but the fatigue is really hard to deal with. Is this normal?
maryann F.
on 8/20/04 12:24 pm - north arlington, NJ
Fantastic Tony good luck
missang
on 8/20/04 3:58 pm - Garfield, NJ
Hi Tony I lost 42 pounds in the first 4 weeks and felt wonderful. I was able to walk all over with no problem, but I always felt so tired. I am going back to my doctor on Wed because it is my 5 week check up. My first question will be is it normal to be so tired . I do know my friends that had the operation are in the same boat. I wish you the best and can't wait to here about your weight loss. Andrea
Jennifer J.
on 8/20/04 4:21 pm - Oakhurst, NJ
RNY on 07/22/04 with
Hi Tony I have heard that fatigue usually magically disappears between weeks 6-8 for some reason. I had my surgery on July 22, so this past thursday (Aug 19th) was 4 weeks for me. I'm not as tired as I had been the first 3 weeks, but I definately lack the stamina to leave the house for now. Guess I'll be seeing you around town soon! (Ocean Twp. here!) Jennifer PS: I have a good friend who started his journey at about the same weight as you (2-2 and a half years ago?) and he looks and feels amazing! I tease him, telling him he's half the man he used to be! 4 weeks = 36.5 lbs gone forever!!!
COZETTE
HENDERSON

on 8/20/04 8:52 pm - TRENTON, NJ
CONGRATS ON YA WEIGHT LOSS...I HOPE U LOSE MANY MORE.
jlewisjr
on 8/21/04 12:24 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Tony: You're doing great. At this point you are doing just fine. The fatigue will eventually go away. Remember that your body is going through adjustments and things will get better. Just stick with your surgeon's program and everything will be allright. You'll be a bundle of energy in no time. Jesse
NJTony
on 8/22/04 11:45 am - Bradley Beach, NJ
THANX-THANX-THANX to everyone for their words of encouragment. These days I need it. Today, it took everything I could muster to get out and walk-but I did it, and I felt good afterwards. I'll definitely be on the message board daily to find out how everybody's doing.
Most Active
Recent Topics