Fustration on losing weight

SeaShoreClams H.
on 8/16/04 3:01 am - Jersey City, NJ
I am a bit worried. My year anniversary is coming up September 23rd and so far I just lost about 100 pounds. I was hoping to loose more, but I will take a 100 pounds any day. I am guilty. I didn't follow an exercise plan. I was just very weak after my whole ordeal for a long long time. I started working out 3 weeks ago to speed things up. I finally bought a digital scale and been keeping track of my weight! One week I gained a pound, another week I lost a pound. This week I lost .8 pounds and I am frustrated. I thought if I worked out I would lose more weight. I am going to continue to work out because I have so much energy and I feel healthier. However I really just want to drop the pounds. Anyone have any suggestions? Any sun ray of hope? :/
Irene S.
on 8/16/04 3:36 am - NJ
The only advice I can give you is to not give up! I have seen many people at my support group continue losing weight for 18 months and longer. The fact that you are exercising is great and it will eventually kick-start the weight loss again. Don't be discouraged by a slow start. Just keep it up. Even though muscle is heavier than fat, the more muscles you have, the more calories they USE!!! Which will result in a better weight loss for you! Irene
Most Active
Recent Topics