Monday is my pre op instruction appt.

Laura H.
on 8/13/04 10:32 pm - Belford, NJ
What should I expect ???? I know they are going to go over what needs to be done right before surgery. But I have never had surgery of any kind so I have no idea what needs to be done !!!! So can anyone give me an idea of what to expect ???? Thanks Laura
Kathy S.
on 8/13/04 10:44 pm - Rio Grande, NJ
Laura I never had surgery before I had this procedure. When is surgery scheduled? Did you have all your testing done? Blood work, chest-xray, lungs, etc. If you didn't then he would tell you to make arrangements for all the test. ON my day of surgery I just showed up at the hospital and before I knew it I was operated on and it was over. If you ask questions, e-mail me. Everything will be fine and keep that smile on your faace. Kathy
Laura H.
on 8/14/04 2:48 am - Belford, NJ
I have had all kinds of tests. I know I will have a physical from my PCP and need bloodwork done a week or two before but did you have to do anything else ????? A special diet ???? ect ???? Thanks Laura
Kathy S.
on 8/14/04 3:47 am - Rio Grande, NJ
Laura I didn't have a special diet. My doctor just checked my test results and told me he would see me for surgery. I had open and had no complications. I tell eveyone it is a out of body experience. I had no medical problems. Every thing will be fine E-mail if you have any questions. Kathy
Laura H.
on 8/14/04 7:29 am - Belford, NJ
Thanks Kathy !!!!!!
Detective-Cruz
on 8/14/04 12:55 pm - Beachwood, NJ
Hi Kathy, The pre-op is a piece of cake, I'm surprised Cathy from Dr. R's office didnt explain it to you.......are you going to Jersey Shore? I went and registered ( by where Dr. R sees patients for consults) they take blood, a chest x-ray and your done! I was in and out in about an hour, the nurse was a real sweetheart, gave my step daughter my juice and cookies! lol Best of luck, I will be home all day Monday (gotta do the day before surgery phospho (sp) drink and want to be near my own bathroom..lol) call me and let me know how you make out! xo chrissie xo
Detective-Cruz
on 8/14/04 12:58 pm - Beachwood, NJ
Laura, OMG brain fart!! LMAO Can ya tell I'm nervous? I was thinking about Cathy from Dr. R's office, and wrote her name instead of yours....I better get to bed... xo Chrissie xo
Naes Wls J.
on 8/14/04 11:49 am - NJ
Congratulations, your day is coming fast. I understand that many doctors does differently, for me I had all my tests done, and checked by my primary doc and double checked by my surgeon. my primary had to clear me first before I could have the wls. after my last test and that included seeing the dietition and the anestegest (SP) oops. the dr who puts you to sleep. LOL and I had to get another blood test. I was told to stop in and see the surgeon for instruction on what to do to prepare for my wls. this last visit he went over my test and he tried to weigh me. but couldn't, I had to be weighed at the hospital. I was told what time to be at the hospital, and not to eat after 12 am. or was it 11pm. anyhow I didn't have to have a bowl prep. but I cleaned myself out anyhow. cause after all my past operations I always had hard bowls and gas. so I decided to atleast be semi cleaned out. and I think that was about it. I just showed up the next morning.
SAVAGE
on 8/14/04 5:41 pm - Howell, NJ
LAura, well one thing is the dreaded BOWEL PREP! if they tell you golytly pick up some crystal lite to mix in the gallon so it does not taste so bad! you will probley be NPO ( nothing by mouth) usually after midnight the night before your surgery. Ahh yes pampers wipe with aloa because your hinny may get sore because of the bowel prep. Do NOT plam\n to go anywhere once you start the prep!!! you will need to stay close to the john!!! Better u than me!! You will have chest x ray, blood work, maybe an ekg. nothing to bad anyway...call me we really should chat did you ever hear anymore about Patti E??? I am off mon-wed I will try to call you so we can chat i am so envious of you!!! Buit I have made up my mind to wait for Boaro in Jan. I am moving to howell in Nov so I wilk be busy until then. Talk to you soon joyce
Laura H.
on 8/15/04 2:02 am - Belford, NJ
Thanks Ladies !!!! I guess I will know for sure when I go in on Monday at 10 am. I will fill you all in when I get back !!! GOOD LUCK Tuesday Christine !!!! Hopefully I will get up there to the hospital to check in on you. Laura
Most Active
Recent Topics