BRAND NEW

belladiana
on 8/12/04 12:39 am - Jersey City, NJ
Hey wls members, I joined this support group cuz I am very confused, I am 20 years old and weigh 330 lbs... I feel so disgusting and have tried every diet on the planet, i have changed my eating habits, i exercise regularly and swim regularly, but i can't seem to lose any weight. I know i don't have to tell yall how frustrating it is, but i can't help but feel alone in my struggle. I'm not sure if i want the weight loss surgery, I don't know what i would do, how i would act, and what would I do after all the weight has come off. I am so scared of becoming a saggy mess, but i'm also scared of dying before i even have a chance to live. I need some help, advice, guidance and most of all support. thanx a mil Diana
sherri
on 8/12/04 1:11 am - New Brunswick, NJ
Hi Diana, You've come to a good place here. It is so great that you are so active. Keep it up. There is a lot of good information on this site and it may be helpful to you as you search for answers. I would also recommend that you go to a support group meeting and talk face to face with those who have had the surgery. There is a support group meeting in New Brunswick tonight at 7pm at the Hyatt Hotel. You are more than welcome to attend. This meeting is free and run by surgeon Dr. Andrei and his staff. I had my surgery on May 6, 2004 and have gone from a size 20W to a misses size 16. I too am very active and hope this activity will help avoid the sagging skin that often comes with this surgery. Anyway. Dr. Andrei also holds a support group meeting once a month in Livingston, NJ. So I hope to meet you one day at a meeting. Good Luck on your journey. You are not alone and your struggle is very familiar to all of us.
Detective-Cruz
on 8/12/04 1:21 am - Beachwood, NJ
Hey Diana, I think one of the major factors is to research. Check the postings for different support groups, seminars ect, get familiar with the good and bad of the surgery. You must be mentally as well as physically ready. It took me close to three years to get to this point ( my surgery is this Tuesday). Thats what this WLS site is all about, people helping people, I know I have had a ton of support and help from everyone here Best of luck on your journey....we are here for you! Feel free to email me anytime, I live in South jersey but work in Newark. xo chissie xo
Fran P.
on 8/13/04 10:12 am - FLANDERS, NJ
Hi Chrissie, I just wanted to wish you good luck with your surgery on Tuesday. My thoughts and prayers for your success are with you. When You feel up to it let me know how you are doing. I am just in the preliminary stages of preparing for surgery, Just getting all my paperwork in order for insurance Company. I have had my pre-op examinations so I am on my way. Hugs and Prayers, Fran
Naes Wls J.
on 8/12/04 6:37 am - NJ
Do all your research go to a support group. etc. Don't let fear and the what ifs build on the negitive thoughts. and about dying I always said a person being overly over weight is slowly dying anyhow. plus death don't know no age, no color, no body. if it's your time, wls doesn't need to be done to do it. you can be sitting right there in your favorite chair watching TV. so don't let fear scare you out of doing something that may put you on the road to better health, Good Luck hon.
Most Active
Recent Topics