boo hoo...more stress prior to my surgery

cynthia P.
on 8/11/04 7:45 pm - camden, NJ
well im 18 days away from my surgery and i was told that for the first couple of weeks i wont be able to sleep in my bed( due to the fact that straining trying to get up can develop some hernias) i was told that i might have to sleep on a recliner chair. well im staying at moms after the surgery and i dont want to tell her this bcuz she has spent so much money and getting me ready for this surgery, and with school around the corner, my extra money has gone to preparing my daughter for school(clothing and books)..... what should i do? any affordable suggestions
Kathy S.
on 8/11/04 8:32 pm - Rio Grande, NJ
Cynthia Some people do not have problems sleeping in bed. My chest felt funny when I laid in bed. I slept in a chair or I used a number of pillows on the sofa. Within two weeks you will be sleeping in bed. You might be able to buy a used recliner. You still have a few weeks to look. Good luck Kaathy
cynthia P.
on 8/11/04 8:37 pm - camden, NJ
Thanks kathy, i just recieved a suggestion to go to rent a center a rent a chair... not a bad idea
Detective-Cruz
on 8/12/04 1:14 am - Beachwood, NJ
Hey Cynthia, Best of luck on your surgery. Since the nice weather is here, there are tons of garage sales and flea markets going on on the weekends. Check them out, sometimes there are sme great bargains. xo chrissie xo
Naes Wls J.
on 8/12/04 6:16 am - NJ
You'll be ok. I had a hospital bed delivered to my home. my insurance paid for it and it was delivered while I was still in the hospital. I knew it was gong to be a problem sleeping in my bed. so I needed one to recline etc. Maybe you could rent a chair from rent A center, I don't know how much weekly it would be. This was my next option if I couldn't had gotten the bed, Good Luck
SAVAGE
on 8/12/04 5:29 pm - Howell, NJ
cYNTHIA, CHECK WIHT A MEDICAL SYUPPY STORE THEY MIGHT RENT THE RECLINERS FOR POST OPS AND I KNOW THEY RENT HOSPITAL BEDS. YOUR INSURANCE WILL COVER IT IF HE WRITES A RX GOOD LUCK JOYCE
Most Active
Recent Topics