August 17th Surgery

Detective-Cruz
on 8/11/04 12:39 pm - Beachwood, NJ
Hi everyone...... Well my surgery is scheduled for Tuesday the 17th, 5 days away. I think every emotion I have is running wild..... happy, sad, nervous, scared, anxious....is this normal? All I think about is getting to the hospital on time... . All the research, planning, meetings, chat and I thought I'd be ready but now the nerves have kicked in. Now I have read a few negative posts about my surgeon, although I feel confident about him. My mom had her surgery in June and is still feeling pretty crappy, and I know she's doing everything she was told, but her surgeons office sais she's not, and no one can answer her questions, even when she called Mary Meolas office she was told she needed to speak to HER nutritionist and she wouldnt be until the next week....nice huh? Oh well, I just look forward to getting through the next 5 days without having a nervous breakdown. Thanks for listening Christine
SAVAGE
on 8/11/04 1:24 pm - Howell, NJ
Christine! congradulations! I am a patient of Rominelli but do not have a date as of yet! I have pulmonary left i finished cardio today! getting there! you hang in there and before you know it you will be at fashion bug buying a new wardrobe! good luck!! god bless!! joycelyn
COZETTE
HENDERSON

on 8/11/04 5:17 pm - TRENTON, NJ
WHATS UP GIRL CONGRATS ON YA UP COMING SURGERY, I WISH U A FAST RECOVERY, AND I ALSO NOTICED THAT YA SURGERY DATE IS ON THE SAME DAY AS MY SON BIRTHDAY ...... DON'T WORRY GIRL U ARE GONNA GET THRU THIS..
Nannette
on 8/11/04 5:50 pm - Toms River, NJ
Christine - nerves are normal, you'd be a nut if you weren't nervous! This surgery is a serious, but necessary step on our WLS journey. It's not an easy road to travel, from the tests to the insurance approvals to the inevitable wait for a surgery date - but it is all worth it. Just take it one step at a time. Good luck - if you need anything, send up a flare! Lap RNY 6/16/03 -- 336/177/155?
Kathy S.
on 8/11/04 8:28 pm - Rio Grande, NJ
Christine Everyone of us had the same feelings of being nervous. If you have confidence in your doctor, that is the most important thing. My advice is to get positive thoughts in your head, get a smile on your face and in a few days there will be a new you. Good luck Kathy
Naes Wls J.
on 8/11/04 10:46 pm - NJ
Congratulations on your up coming wls. I know that you are a emotional wreck, It's so normal. we all have been there and done that. and as far as hearing things about your doc, I learned long ago folks always have negitives to dish out before they give positives. If you feel comfy with him, continue that feeling and go forward. also your mom and who ever else that has had this surgery. all have different stories to tell. for me I was a very slow healer. it took me about three months before I started to feel like myself. I didn't have no complications at all. I just was a person who healed slow. Everyone who have this knows this operation is risky. so do your research and be realiltic (sp) as best as you can and always try to keep a positive mind. you will be just fine. Best wishes to you. God Bless
Detective-Cruz
on 8/12/04 1:11 am - Beachwood, NJ
Hey everyone! Thanks soooooo much for the encouragement, and blessings! I feel much better Have tons of stuff to get done before I go, I will post as soon as I feel able. I will be at Jersey Shore Med. from the 17th to 21st if anyones in the area and wants to stop by . See ya on the other side! xo Chrissie xo
sherri
on 8/12/04 2:23 am - New Brunswick, NJ
Good Luck. You'll do great. Nerves are VERY normal now.
Naes Wls J.
on 8/12/04 6:21 am - NJ
Okay, Hang in there, we'll be here waiting for you. LOL take care**Hugs**
Laura H.
on 8/13/04 10:10 am - Belford, NJ
Hi Christina I'm glad to see your doing well and that your date is here !!! Try not to worry to much I'm sure you will be just fine !!! I will try to stop by to see you at Jersey Shore. Good luck and I will keep you in my prayers !!! Laura
Most Active
Recent Topics