Psych Consults -- Anyone know a doc who does 'em ?

Denitta
on 7/29/04 3:45 am - Sicklerville, NJ
I need to get cleared for surgery, and I do not have a general therapist. I personally don't believe so much in therapy, but hey, i will do what I have to yanno? I need to find someone who will see me, and as long as s/he doesn't find that I am in need of further treatment, I don't really want to continue. Any suggestions or ideas? I'd prefer to stay in NJ for the visit if at all possible.
Heather A.
on 7/29/04 5:25 am - Williamstown, NJ
I don't have a referral for you, but wanted to let you know that my 1st surgeon actually referred me to someone he worked with. You may want to contact your surgeon's office to see if they could refer someone in your area. The other thing you could do would be to contact doc's from your insurances approved provider list. If you tell what your needing they should be able to tell you if they can help. I hope some of this helps, I certainly remember what is was like to get all that testing done. Good Luck, Heather
Denitta
on 7/29/04 6:19 am - Sicklerville, NJ
Thanks Heather! I put a call into my surgeon's office and hope to get an answer back soon. It was easy for me to call a pulmonary doc's office to schedule a sleep study; however, the psych consult I feel sort of bad for b/c I think they build their practice to help people long-term and I am not into it for that at this time... thanks !
Most Active
Recent Topics