Food Questions

Dawn is D.
on 7/23/04 11:22 am - Dayton, NJ
Hello All- I am a new post-op (3 weeks) and my doctor puts his patients on soft foods right away. Well, I am confused and concerned on some foods and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions. Some examples are: baked beans (good protein, but high in carbs?) egg drop soup etc. any help would be appreciated.. Thanks!
jmdacc
on 7/23/04 11:49 am - Bridgewater, NJ
They weren't on my doctor's list but at 3 wks I ate tuna (with a small amount of mayo for moisture), lunch meat, and chicken that was cooked in broth so that it stayed moist. Or, I would broil chicken, shred or cut it into small pieces, put shredded cheease on it and microwave for 30 seconds, and then put salsa on it. I have had baked beans maybe six times in four months, I put cheese on them and try not to worry about the carbs. I've heard people say that chili worked for them, I was never big on chili and haven't tried it post-op. Cheap ground beef is a real big no-no for me, part of why I haven't rushed into chili. People also swear by cottage cheese but I just can't do it. Best of luck to you. Jen -70 lbs
Stacey E.
on 7/25/04 10:54 am - Galloway, NJ
Baked beans are okay but I did better on canned refried beans. Get the fat free ones. Egg drop soup is great-also scrambled egg with cheese melted in. I also ate cottage cheese (low fat), low carb yogurt, tuna, broiled fish, peanut butter on low carb bread. Just chew, chew, chew! And eat slowly. My early difficulties came from eating too fast and not chewing well. Good luck! Stacey from Galloway, NJ
missang
on 7/29/04 6:50 pm - Garfield, NJ
My early difficulties came from eating too fast and not chewing well. Can you please tll me what happened to you with doing that. I am out a week and I have no idea if i am earing too fast or too much at a time
Stacey E.
on 7/29/04 11:55 pm - Galloway, NJ
Andrea, If I ate too much or too fast I would throw up immediately. I still get sick if I overeat. Trust your pouch to tell you. At first the signals from your stomach are hard to read; however, in time you will clearly know if you've overdone it. Eating slowly means taking a good 20 minutes to finish your meal. Does this help? Good luck- Stacey
Most Active
Recent Topics