LAPBAND-BCBS FEDERAL EMPLOYEE

Kathy L.
on 7/23/04 3:33 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi, Hoping someone can help me--I have been unable to get information about his on the insurance forum--anyone out there have info about getting approved for lap band? I was told that they would cover gastric bypass but not adjustable gastric bypass. Any info, suggestions would be appreciated!! Thanks!
Irene S.
on 7/23/04 11:57 am - NJ
Kathy, The best thing you can do is call your insurance compnay and ask them to send you a copy of their policy guidelines for weightloss surgery. I would urge you to check with your insurance company regardless of any answers you may get on this forum. What your insurance company will cover for YOU is the only thing that matters. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya! irene
superellen
on 7/25/04 10:44 am - Commack, NY
If they deny you, appeal. New Jersey like us in New York has excellent review systems in place. The band was FDA approved and should be covered. They do this to make you walk away. Good luck Gary Viscio www.obesitylawyers.com
superellen
on 7/25/04 10:48 am - Commack, NY
I was going to say, if you need to contact Gary Viscio at www.obesitylawyers.com
Libralin
on 7/27/04 1:05 pm - MorrisCounty, NJ
Hi Kathy! I have BC/BS of NJ(Horizon) and work for the State...My lapband was covered 100% and I was approved in 1 week..I was also told that any fills I have would be covered 100% after the first 90 days... I had Dr. Bertha from Florham Park..He was great! Good Luck to you! Linda M. from Jersey
Most Active
Recent Topics