Out of pocket costs???

Sheena K.
on 7/20/04 9:55 am - Sicklerville, NJ
Hello All... I don't see anything on here about how much of the costs insurance doesn't cover... I have Horizon BCBSNJ PPO, and I don't know if I'll be able to afford the surgery even if they do "approve" it... Whats the average cost of a lap RNY? What's the percentage that insurance usually covers? How much should I expect to have to pay out of pocket?
Diana I.
on 7/21/04 12:47 am - Belleville, NJ
For my open RNY they paid entire cost.........make sure you Dr. is covered.
seah2os
on 7/21/04 2:12 am - Toms River, NJ
I have BCBSNJ Traditional AND PPO. They paid about $7200 on the traditional and NOTHING on the PPO because they say they all ready paid the maximum on the traditional. I am fighting with them because since I have 2 policies I think they should pay twice. Unfortunately my doctor is not a participating doctor, so I am stuck with the balance. Hope this helps you. Carolyn
jmdacc
on 7/21/04 4:10 am - Bridgewater, NJ
I have BCBSNJ PPO also. My copay to the in-network hospital was approx. $200. I had no copay to the in-network anasthesiologist (make sure your surgeon books an in-network anasthesiologist - I gave mine a list of the in-network ones at the hospital I was having the surgery in). I chose out-of-network surgeons, and I have an approximate balance of $3000 with them. I wanted surgery so bad, I didn't care if it meant I'd have bills for two years. I just wanted to get it over with. FYI, I estimate that I spent probably $400 in copays for the precert stuff - in and out of network doctor copays, in-network cardiologist copay, out-of-network psych eval, in-network nutritionist. I also had to have an endoscopy, in-network doctor and in-network anasthesiologist, probably was about $200. Best of luck to you! Jen 266/199/150?
Most Active
Recent Topics