Need support group meeting

Susan Hegarty
on 7/7/04 11:20 pm - Easton, PA
Good morning all. I was wondering if anyone knew of any upcoming support group meetings? It has been hard for me to attend any because of my work hours. I wor****il 7:30pm m-f and I am in need of a meeting on the weekend or local to Edison in the evening. Thanks all. Susan
Susan S.
on 7/8/04 9:25 am - Marlboro, NJ
Sorry Susan - the only support group I know of is in Hackensack University Hospital. The next one is tomorrow night from 6-8pm. It's really good if you can make it. Good Luck! Susan
Mary D.
on 7/8/04 12:53 pm - Westfield, NJ
Dear Susan, I will be having surgery on Monday, July 12 at Morristown Memorial. The support group meetings there are held at the Rehabilitation Institute of Morristown Memorial Hosp the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month from 7 PM to 8:30. There is a $120 registration fee and you would need to preregister at 973-971-7165. You can also call them for a referral something closer to your needs. Hope this helps.
suesue422
on 7/11/04 8:15 am - Voorhees, NJ
Hi Mary, I too am having surgery on July 12 at Morristown Memorial Hospital. We can be WLS buddies! My surgery is scheduled for 9:30am with Dr. Bertha, so I have to be there by 7:30am. My pic is here on the site. If you want to e-mail me, I can send you more. It will be good to have a buddy to chat with while in the hospital. Hope to hear from you! Sue
vwood
on 8/13/04 6:28 am - Saddle River, NJ
Susan, I am in the process of starting a couple of groups in Bergen County. One group will be for new post-ops, and another for those more than two years post-op. These will be small, private, theraputic groups that will run for a limited term (6/8 weeks) and then renew (there will be continuity of members). There will be a nominal fee for services, but this is flexible based upon need. I had RNY in Nov 2001 and am concerned with the long-term success of the surgery - this is why I am focusing on relapse prevention and early recovery. Please email me if you are interested in attending or getting more information. I am hoping to be able to accomodate everyone's hours so if you are interested hopefully we can work something out. Valerie
Most Active
Recent Topics