info needed

Lesley M.
on 7/6/04 4:55 am - atco, nj
hi this is my first time posting a message. my medical doctor is out on maternity leave, before she left i told her that i wanted to get the wls. she said that she would support me. i don't know where to start. does the process start with your medical doctor or the surgeon. i dont know how to find a surgeon who takes my insurance. my mind is made up, and i am ready to start the process. any information will help. thank you, lesley
Wendy P.
on 7/6/04 7:01 am - Wharton, NJ
Lesley... This is a huge step you are making...I am SO proud of you!!! There is much research to be done, not only on the surgery but on a surgeon as well. When I started the process, I initially went to my PCP who wasn't very supportive and gave me the name of a surgeon who wasn't even in my plan. I knew at that point that I was on my own from that point. I found my surgeon actually by word of mouth. Luckily, with my insurance, I didn't need to have a referral...THANK GOD!!! I went to 2 seminars for 2 different surgeons and made my decision from there. You have to like your doctor...that is SO important, I cannot even stress to you how much!! I don't know what insurance you have, so I can't tell you what you need to do. You may have to speak with whichever doctor will be covering for yours in order to get the ball rolling as far a finding a surgeon. I can tell you, I don't know where you live, but I used Dr. Schmidt in Hackensack (It was a ride for me...but SO worth it!!). I LOVE HIM! He is absolutely fantastic. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me anytime. I would love to help you in any way that I can. Good Luck with your journey! Wendy
Susan Hegarty
on 7/6/04 2:52 pm - Easton, PA
Hi Leslie, congrats on you decision to have wls. I am awaiting insurance approval right now and if all goes well I am scheduled for surgery on the 28th of this month. All I can say is do your research and post your questions. The people on this board are wonderful and a wealth of information. Im not sure what insurance you have but call them and ask them what their requirements are to have the surgery. Get a good primary dr and do your research on surgeons. Keep posting and Im sure there is someone who has the same insurance as yourself who can give you some referrals. The support groups are wonderful also. Best of luck to you!! Susan
ginger W.
on 7/6/04 3:39 pm - magnolia, NJ
HI MY NAME IS GINGER AND I HAD MY SURGERY BY DR.TUCKER IN STRATFORD NJ 856-566-6000 SURGERY DEPT.....READ MY PROFILE AND IF YOU ARE INTERESTED GIVE HIM A CALL.....GOOD LUCK GINGER
Most Active
Recent Topics