INSURANCE Q??horizon bcbsnj ppo

charlsa W.
on 6/25/04 12:21 pm - wharton, TX
I have horizon bcbsnj ppo and was wondering if anyone has used this insurance for their surgery and could fill me in on them??? Would appreciate all information from anyone.
Dawn H.
on 6/25/04 12:58 pm - Jersey CIty, NJ
HI I was approved for surgery .. date set for july 26... IhAVE horizonBCBS PPO Lets hope they dont change thier minds Dawn
charlsa W.
on 6/25/04 1:48 pm - wharton, TX
Thank you for your information, I understand most bcbs are fairly easy to comply in most cases so I hope it is easier than I anticipate, and congratulations on your surgery date and good luck.
dpnna
on 6/27/04 2:06 am - w. orange, nj
They are usually straightfoward- they ask for your weight/height/bmi, what co-morbitities you have- hypertension, diabeties etc.. and what measures you have tried to loose weight- if you meet all of these requirements- your drs office should have no problem- they do it right there on the phone when the office calls- I do precerts for Dr Garrison and I love our patients that have bcbs! Good luck! DOnna
Denice W.
on 6/26/04 12:08 am - Wildwood Crest, NJ
I also have this insurance but dr office handled all and i was approved in 5 weeks.
Linda 1.
on 6/26/04 9:05 am - Northern, NJ
I was approved in about 2 or 3 days...but that was October 2002 things are a little toughter now I think!
Pat1276 !.
on 6/26/04 9:30 pm - Berea, KY
I am out of network in Kentucky with the same insurance and wondering the same thing. Guess I will have the dr submit and see what happens. Good luck to you. Pat
jmdacc
on 6/29/04 11:11 am - Bridgewater, NJ
I have Horizon BCBS PPO and had surgery 3/9. The hassle level depends on your employer's contract with them. My doctor handled it, it took a few weeks. Jen
Kathy L.
on 6/30/04 1:36 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Am starting insurance process and think I will have difficulties with BC/BS PPO--they say they only cover gastric bypass and not adjustable gastric bypass--may have to fight it!! Good luck!!
Most Active
Recent Topics