***I'm Approved by Aetna HMO***

IrishIze
on 6/25/04 6:00 am - NJ
My surgeon's office submitted my paperwork on Thursday and I just got a call that I AM APPROVED!! Aetna's nurse advocate called and she was just about as excited as I was! I told her I had heard such horror stories about getting approvals from Aetna and she said, 'you gave us exactly what we asked for and we approved it immediately'. Woo-hoo - I'm dancing on air!!!! My surgery date July 19th!!
Susan Hegarty
on 6/25/04 6:47 am - Easton, PA
CONGRATS on your approval, I am so happy for you!!! I hope my insurance approval goes as well as yours did. Best of luck to you and may the angels always be around you
Kathy S.
on 6/25/04 7:09 am - Rio Grande, NJ
Nancy Great news and July 19 will be here before you know it. Have a positive altitude and everything we be fine. Kathy
jlewisjr
on 6/25/04 9:01 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Congratulations Nancy!!! I have Aetna and as as long as you give them what they want, it's a breese. My surgeon's office submitted my paperwork on a Friday afternoon and I was approved on Monday morning. Best of everything and see you on the losing side. Jesse
Irene S.
on 6/25/04 11:54 am - NJ
Aetna is a breeze only if you don't run into the nasty thing that originally handled my case. She must be must be really anti wls. I gave them everything they wanted and MORE! That nasty thing denied me 2 times, the second denial took her about 30 seconds. She wouldn't even return my surgeon's phone calls! I had to file a complaint in the department to get action and they gave my case to someone else. irene
IrishIze
on 6/25/04 1:50 pm - NJ
Wow, Irene - I have to say that my experience was the total opposite! The Nurse Advocate couldn't have been nicer, and told me if I needed anything pre-surgery, in the hospital, or post-surgery to call her and she would take care of it for me! She was so glad she caught me before the weekend so I could celebrate! I looked at your profile and it's been so long since you started! I started to get my approval in April of this year, and by June I had my approval. Guess I am lucky that I had basically done what they wanted without even knowing it! BTW, I am in Oakland - maybe we can keep in touch!
Most Active
Recent Topics