Please read & advise...

Missy L.
on 6/24/04 6:33 am - New York, NY
Hi, I am scheduled for surgery on July 8th. Horizon BCBS has approved my prcedure which is a combination RNY - VBG. My doctor is out of network and BCBS covers 80% of the allowable rate. Does anyone have any idea of what this allowable rate is? No one can tell me... I was hoping one of you may have experience with this. Please advise. Thank you so much!!!!!
Dawn H.
on 6/24/04 9:28 am - Jersey CIty, NJ
I think you have to call bcbs and ask for the allowable rate from them.. My Dr is in Network so .. I dont know .. sorry I couldnt be of more help. Dawn
Irene S.
on 6/24/04 3:09 pm - NJ
Hi Meredith! Hey we're neighbors, I live in Wayne, and I'm getting the RNY-VBG too. Your insurance company should be able to help you. Sometimes the people that process the insurance for the Dr's office will know what the rate is for a particular insurance company if they deal with a lot of claims to that insurance company. The "usual & customary" rate in NJ is pretty awful, compared to NY. irene
lorien
on 6/24/04 10:08 pm - morris county, nj
Hey neighbor, I'm in Lincoln Park! I can't really help you with your question. My doc was in network. I can tell you that my hospital bill was $35,000.
Most Active
Recent Topics