I am new

Margaret K.
on 6/21/04 9:27 am - Howell, NJ
HI, I am a new person. my aunt got me looking at this site. I am 18 years old and 125lbs over weight. I was wondering if there was anyone on her that is around my age that has gotten the surgery, or is going to get it that I could ask questions. thank you for reading my post . Have a nice day
Laura H.
on 6/21/04 12:56 pm - Belford, NJ
Hi Margaret I'm afraid I'm not your age but I just wanted to welcome you to the group there are quite a few really nice people over here that I'm sure will be alot of help to you !!!! No matter how old we are we are all here to help each other. I have not had my surgery yet but I do have a date !!! Sept. 21 st. !!! And I would be more then happy to answer any questions you might have that I can answer. Welcome !!!! Laura
lorien
on 6/21/04 9:39 pm - morris county, nj
Welcome! This is one fabulous group of people . . . age definately doesn't matter. Feel free to pick our collective brains all you want. Hugs! Linda
suesue422
on 6/21/04 11:33 pm - Voorhees, NJ
Hey there and welcome to the site! I'm a bit older than you (24) but still on the young side of most people having this surgery. My doctor told me that they operate on kids as young as 12 if it's necessary. But usually they like to wait until they are finished growing. I'm scheduled to have surgery on July 12th. Feel free to ask me any questions, either personally or on the site. Also, these people here are great and will answer any questions you might have, just write a post. They are a great source of support if you're having a tough time too. Whether it be insurance struggles or people not understanding your wanting to have surgery, it's a great group of folks here. Also, check out the other parts of this site. There is information on surgeons and about the different surgeries, this is a great place to start your research. Good Luck! Sue
Kathy S.
on 6/22/04 12:24 am - Rio Grande, NJ
Hello Margaret This is a wonderful group and everyone is here to help you. I am not your age but I learn so much from this group I cannot believe it. Remember we are here for you. Kathy
cmr3399
on 6/22/04 1:01 am - Bayville, NJ
HI Margaret Welcome...I'm 27 and hoping to have surgery this fall...if you should have any questions feel free to give a yell...we're not to far away from each other...I'm right in Bradley Beach....Good luck in whatever you may choose...Hope to talk to you soon... ((((HUGS)))) Christine
My Joi J.
on 6/24/04 3:18 am - Newark, DE
Hello and I was wanted to have the Lap band surgery done. I'm scared. I go for my first Dr. Appointment on July 8th my birthday! I am a single mom working 2 full time jobs. I have gained since my daughter's birth over 196lbs. And my doctor is begging me to lose the weight I just tried everything and I can't! I wanted to get the lap band because I don't have that much time off my jobs and I need a speedy recovery. I will keep you in my prayers OK Good Luck! And has any one had the Lap-band with Amerihealth insurance. Did you get it approved? Please Help us Davonne
Most Active
Recent Topics