New too the group and just starting the process..

goddesstre
on 6/15/04 2:04 am - Harrisburg, PA
My name is Tammy and I live in Woodbridge. I am 35yrs old and just starting the journey. My PCP has stated he thinks the surgery would be a good idea for me. I have arthritis in my back and knees and a BMI of 47. I have Aetna QPOS and have already wrote to a few of you regarding additional info... (Thanks sooo much for the help !!!)... Anyway, the surgeon I selected was Dr Bertha. Apparently, I have to goto his seminar on June 24th, before I can begin this whole process... What I was wondering is if anyone was on a diet, such as Richard Simmons or something like that and the insurance company felt that was sufficient? I have been on Dr Phil's Weight Loss Challenge since Oct 1st and have only managed to lose 15lbs or less... I have kept a food diary from day 1, my gym has proof that I have exercised at least 3-4 times a week (unless I was out due to my back), and I have a chart showing my weight loss since that time... I was going to bring my records to my PCP so that he can see what I have been doing... Do you think this will be enough? ... Anyone??? I would appreciate any help.... Thanks.
Laura H.
on 6/15/04 3:42 am - Belford, NJ
WELCOME Tammy !!!! I don't have the same ins. so I'm afraid I will be no help but I just wanted to welcome you. My cousin used Dr. Bertha and she will be a year out in July and she is down 106 lbs. She said she loved him and his staff was great too !!! Good luck Laura
jlewisjr
on 6/15/04 12:56 pm - Elizabeth, NJ
Tammy: WELCOME!!! I have AETNA and the best thing is to go to their website and look at their policy bulletin (just type in Gastric Bypass in the serach box). Just have the surgeon submit the paperwork according to the policy follow and you should be OK. Jesse
suesue422
on 6/15/04 11:14 pm - Voorhees, NJ
Hey Tammy, Fancy meeting you here! Remember me, from the Dr. Phil site on yahoo? It's so funny that your weight loss journey has brought you here as well. The most weight I've ever lost (and always regained) has been 40 lbs. I really think this is the best solution for my health. I took the time to do all the research and really made an informed decision. Dr. Bertha is my surgeon (sugery scheduled for July 12th and just got approval this morning), and I think he's awesome. I went to the informational seminar on April 29 and found it VERY informative and inspiring. Definitely go to the next one. You get to meet all three doctors, and the staff is great and willing to answer any questions. For once you're in a place where everyone understands your struggles, and they really want to help. Once staff member, Catherine is awesome, she started working at the office after her mom had surgery... because of the incredible attention her mom received! If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me. Hopefully we'll meet up again soon on the losing side! Good luck, Sue
Most Active
Recent Topics