Need to vent...

Susan Hegarty
on 6/13/04 2:16 pm - Easton, PA
Why are these insurance companies so impossible? My surgeons office just told me that cigna wants "two" medically supervised diets and they have to be for 24 consecutive weeks!! Don't they understand that we have feelings and are doing this to improve our health and well being? My PCP wrote a letter becasue he didnt keep good notes on me for the past 6 months and I was told a letter won't be acceptable. My other doctor had an office flood and all my records were destroyed. So here I am I will probably have to start yet another 6 month doctor supervised diet. I knew this wasnt going to be easy, but it still hurts to have all these roadblocks thrown at ya . Thanks for listening all.
Denise W.
on 6/13/04 11:34 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Sorry to hear about your struggles Susan, but look at it this way - your insurance company, while making it difficult, will cover it. Many won't. Keep a stiff upper lip and give them what they want. While it may delay your surgery, you will get it and if nothing else, you'll go "under the knife" a little heathier, which is very important for a quick recovery. Hang in there! Denise
bellafem
on 6/14/04 4:50 am - Union, NJ
Hi Susan..I'm going through almost the same thing as you are. I was half way with the preop testing and my insurance declined me cause of the medically supervised weight loss issue. I'm sooo disappointed. My pcp wasn't helping either so now I'm looking into getting a new pcp and maybe switching HMO's Good luck to you Susan, I know I'll need it..I'll say a prayer for both of us..lol Christine
Krissy
on 6/14/04 5:09 am - Cranford, NJ
Susan, Sorry to hear you are having some troubles. I know it can be frustrating, try to be positive. Have you asked your PCP to write another letter stsing this info? And will your other dr write a letter to attest to it also? ~Kristin
suesue422
on 6/15/04 1:44 am - Voorhees, NJ
Can you try to appeal the decision? Maybe if the doctor who had the flood writes a letter to that affect and explains that, although your records aren't available, he/she knows you and your weight loss struggles and that he's seen you for 6 months on a weight plan, etc. If he/she writes a convincing enough letter, with the other letter from your PCP, it's worth a shot. I've just heard that a lot of insurance companies deny people on their first submit just to see if they really have the committment to keep trying. Good luck with an appeal or trying the new plan, whatever you decide works for you. Either way, I know you just needed to vent, and that's what we are here for! Good luck, and keep us updated! Sue
Most Active
Recent Topics