Overeating?!

SeaShoreClams H.
on 6/7/04 2:41 am - Jersey City, NJ
I recently came back from a vacation visiting my family and my mother kept telling me I was eating too much. I do eat 6 times a day, but now I am worried. How do you know when you are eating too much?!?! I am afraid of gaining weight! Help!
Denise W.
on 6/7/04 5:58 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Before you go worrying too much, you need to measure your 6 meals. Figure out how many calories you're suppose to be eating each day and then count each meal. As long as you're within your caloric parameter for the day, how many times you eat shouldn't really matter (as long as it doesn't trigger compulsive habits). Sometimes our family members get a little carried away with their concern. My husband, who also had the surgery, constantly talks about how "we" need to eat less. I walk almost 2 miles every day and work out at the gym at least 3 days a week - he does no exercise at all. Needless to say, my daily caloric consumption is much higher than his! As long as you keep tabs on how much you're consuming, just thank your family member for their concern and go about your day... Good luck! Denise
Amy B.
on 6/7/04 1:53 pm - maple shade, NJ
I eat 7 times a day, 2 oz's each time and still have trouble making it to the 1000 cal's im supposed to get in each day. Just because you eat 6 times a day doesn't mean that you are over eating, like the previous poster said you should see how much you are eating in each meal. And don't worry, tomorrow is a new day. Good Luck, Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics