Anybody from South Jersey?

Barbara G.
on 6/5/04 9:34 am - Hainesport, NJ
Is this the only site for South Jersey and are there meetings in South Jersey? Has everybody in South Jersey had their surgery done in Jersey Hospitals any in Univ Of Penn?
Amy B.
on 6/5/04 10:03 am - maple shade, NJ
Hello Barbara, I had my surgery done in a south jersey hospital. My surgen has suppoert group meetings one tuesday a month for pre opts and one thursday a month for post opts. Check with your surgen he/ she should have some info for you. And so far this is the only New Jersey Forum that i've seen if you find another one let me know please. Good luck, Amy
Barbara G.
on 6/6/04 2:47 am - Hainesport, NJ
thanks Amy for the info but where do you have your meetings? We have one but it's on Saturdays and I really can't make it on that day and there is no valet parking that early. I guess it really wouldn't do me any good to go to one that is not affiliated with the hospital. But, that's very much.
Amy B.
on 6/6/04 8:07 pm - maple shade, NJ
in collingswood on handon ave. i can get you the exact address if you are intrested, email me. sorry it took so long to get back to you.
cheryl K.
on 6/5/04 3:36 pm - clementon, nj
hi barbara, i had my surgery at bridgton hospital..loved my doc ... hated the hospital.. you might want to try burlington county memorial.. i know they have a program there.. also give lourdes in camden a call about meetings
Barbara G.
on 6/6/04 3:03 am - Hainesport, NJ
Thanks Cheryl, I see your from Clementon I used to live in the Blackwood area most all my life, now I'm in Hainesport just past Moorestown Mall. Thanks for the info but do you think it would be for me since I had my surgery somewhere else? Hope your doing as well as I am. I had the VBG Lap Band not the open surgery as I had previous scar tissue. Mine takes a little longer in losing the weight but I'm hoping not to have the sagging skin. It's just two months for me and I'm down 49 lbs. I'm still having trouble with not chewing enough or to fast and we all know what happens!!!!!! I've always was in a rush and it's a really hard habit for me to break. How are you doing?
Dee M.
on 6/5/04 8:36 pm - Citrus Springs, Fl
Hi Barbara I'm in So.Jersey,as well and also looking for a support group.I am 20 days post op and my surgeon has not set up his support group yet,so if anyone has any info on a group near me,please let me know...I live in Williamstowm(near Washington Township) Thanks~! Dee
Barbara G.
on 6/6/04 2:55 am - Hainesport, NJ
Hi Dee well your the closest to a neighbor to me. I live in Hainesport just pass the Morrestown Mall on Rt 38. You could call Lady of Lorudes in Camden they have a group. I used to live in the Blackwood area most of my life. I got real disgusted with Gloucester Township and their taxes they offerd us no shopping we or at least I was always down in Washington Township. I hated the traffic but it grew so much there is everything you could want. But, up here it is so rural, lots of horse farms, deer, turkeys and ground hogs. I don't miss that end of Jersey at all. Good Luck with finding a group but I am sure you'll get help on this site.
surfcitylbi
on 6/9/04 8:01 am - Surf City, NJ
I'm a pre-op from Shamong Twp. I'm awaiting insurance approval (cross your fingers) but I'm using a doctor from North Jersey. He has a support group that meets the 1st Tuesday of every month. They post on www.health.groups.yahoo.com/group/OSSG-Kamelgard/. There is a South Jersey support group that meets on a Friday night. Their website is www.health.groups.yahoo.com/group/SJBSS. You can usually pick up alot of info from these sites also. Hope it helps Sue
Most Active
Recent Topics