1st appointment scheduled tomorrow with surgeon..scared

Susan Hegarty
on 6/4/04 8:47 am - Easton, PA
Like this process isn't stressful enough I decide to take my mother with me for support. Don't get me wrong, I love my Mom but all we seem to do is I wanted her with me through this process but I am really thinking maybe I should have gone alone. I can just see me with the doctor But the main reason for this post is to ask for some advice. I would love if everyone can share with me some important questions I should ask the surgeon. I don't want to just run out of there and feel as clueless as I do now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!!!
Linda 1.
on 6/4/04 10:14 am - Northern, NJ
I can help you with a few basics, but make sure you write all of your questions down, its easy to get brain freeze at the appointment. 1. Type of WLS ...RNY? LAP BAND? DS? 2. Open or Lap 3. PERSONAL mortality and complication rates! 4. If RNY transected? Length bypassed? 5. Pre op testing? 6. Nutritional counseling? 7. Post op follow through? 8. Support program? 9. food program post op? Stages? Time till solids? 10. Length of hospital stay? 11. Time off from work? 12. Insurance?? There are a million others, but personally I would make sure to cover at least these, I am sure others can also add more!
Susan Hegarty
on 6/4/04 9:53 pm - Easton, PA
thanks Linda, I wrote them all down, that was a big help!! Wish me luck !!
Linda 1.
on 6/5/04 12:37 am - Northern, NJ
You'll be fine...good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics