anxiously awaiting trip to the other side

Joan D.
on 5/29/04 2:58 pm - toms river, NJ
Hello, I have spent hours and hours on this site since finding it about 5 days ago. I have my first consultation at the Barix Clinic in Langhorne PA on June 14 and then we will take it from there. They have assured me that my insurance will cover this and i am hoping that is true. I have been a heavyweight most of my 58 years. After reading posts on here i now realize that much of how i feel these days is due to my weight. Well also i have not been able to get about much in the last 3 yrs , having severed my achilles tendon and having to have a reconstruction surgery done using another tendon from the front of my foot and attaching it to a tendon in my leg. Surgery went well as a matter of fact it was done as an out patient. but it took 14 months for it to stop draining and to heal. They told me that my body was rejecting to large sutures they needed to use and that it would take a long time for them to dissolve. So to make a long story short, i wasn't in shape to begin with and now am carrying around more weight and not able to do anything much except eat. Well enough of that just want you all to know how much these posting mean to me and many others. Will keep coming back and will update as there is info. God Bless and be happy. Joan
inkychick
on 5/29/04 10:53 pm - Lynchburg, VA
Hi Joan! Glad you found your way here. This website is absolutely invaluable--you'll find so much helpful information and support as you start down the path to 'the losing side'. And if you're looking for 'in person' support, there is the Ocean County WLS Support Group, which meets the first Friday of every month, 7:30-9:00pm at 525 Jack Martin Blvd, 3rd floor, Brick. You can also sign in to our website and keep in touch with other members at http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/OCWLSsupport/ Feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do to help -Judy
Domsmema
on 5/30/04 3:02 am - Winter Haven, FL
joan. , glad y ou found this site is is full of valuable info wqhich has helped me tremendously. I am joyce in nj, it says bev who is my sis i am at hewre house in fl right now. anyway if you will look to the blue colume to the left there is a caption main message board. it is the one to get the anwswers the quickest from. I post on here and check NJ each day I have found if it is something i want an anwserr to in a hurry i go to the main board as it seems more folks go on there more to post. i love all the nj folks as well so i check both when i sign on. you will see the diffenece. anyway welcome and good luck! joyce
Most Active
Recent Topics