I got a date!

suesue422
on 5/26/04 12:47 pm - Voorhees, NJ
Yeah! I got a surgery date! July 12th is my big day. I'm waiting approval from the insurance company, but the people at the doctor's office didn't seem to think my approval would be a problem. I'm so excited! I'm concerned about getting the time off from work, debating on the temporary disability issue. I actually really enjoy my job, and I don't want to let my boss and coworkers down. I'm the only person of my position in the whole company, so me being out for a few weeks is going to be tough. I'm also unsure of what and how much information to give my boss and human resources department. I really don't want anyone to know about the surgery I'm having. I feel it's nobody's business, you know? I'm also open to any advice for post surgery protein shakes. My nutritionist gave me one to try (fruit juice flavored nector whey protein isolate syntax - fuzzy navel). I don't know anything about these protein powders and shakes or where to buy them, but it's something I've got to do. I'd be more into juices than shakes, not a huge milk fan. Any help is appreciated! Now that it looks like I'm on the road... I'd appreciate any advice! Sue
Laura H.
on 5/27/04 12:50 am - Belford, NJ
CONGRATS ON YOUR DATE !!!!! I have the same ins. and was told by my surgon's office that they are one of the ins company's that does not give you to much of a hard time and you get approved in 1 to 3 weeks so it sounds like your on your way !!! I noticed we live close to each other so if you would like a buddy I'm here !!! My surgon is Dr. Romanelli who is yours ??? I will be meeting him on June second and should be getting my date then. My last talk with his nurse she told my they are booking in July so hopefully I will be right behind you !!! As far as protein drinks I like VHT extreme smoothie in choc., and vanilla cream. They are a little on the sweet side but they taste very close to a milk shake so you might want to give them a try. They have them in the vitamin shop store. Congrats again !!! Laura
suesue422
on 5/28/04 12:06 am - Voorhees, NJ
Hey Laura, Thanks for your well wishes and advice. Good luck with getting a date! Be sure to let us know how your consultation with the surgeon goes. My surgeon is Dr. Bertha, he operates out of Morristown Memorial Hospital. I chose him because he came highly recommended by friends of friends and people on this site. I do live in Old Bridge now, but I'm moving to Raritan right before my surgery. Where do you live? We can still be buddies even if we aren't around the corner. You can e-mail me directly if you want at [email protected]. I'll check out the vitamin shop and start trying some different protein stuff. I've heard your tastes change after surgery, so I'm going to get a little of everything! Take Care, Sue
IrishIze
on 5/27/04 1:25 am - NJ
My date is a week after yours! I'm scheduled for July 19th, and I'm awaiting approval from the dreaded Aetna HMO . I have complied with all of their prerequisites, so I'm hoping they will do a quick approval.
suesue422
on 5/28/04 12:07 am - Voorhees, NJ
Woo hoo! Good Luck, Nancy! We will have to keep in touch after out surgeries to check each other's progress. All of us July surgeries should form a little support group and get together every once in a while!
cmr3399
on 5/28/04 10:59 am - Bayville, NJ
Good Luck sue..I'm sooooo excited for you..I can't wait till I get to that stage. I know your doing the happy dance right about now! Just to let you know. I know you'll hear this so many times over the next few weeks but You'll be in my prayers. Christine
suesue422
on 6/3/04 4:16 am - Voorhees, NJ
Hey Christine, Thanks for your well wishes. Maybe we can be buddies. Where do you live? At what point are you in this whole process? It actually all has gone pretty quickly for me so far. I attended my seminar on April 29th and then just got the ball rolling. Still awaiting approval from the insurance company though. Thanks for your prayers! Sue
Most Active
Recent Topics