Thank you for your support on my DH's death

Nannette
on 5/24/04 12:11 am - Toms River, NJ
Thank you for the multitude of e-mails and postings that I received from many of you expressing your sympathy, prayers and support on the death of my beloved husband, Chuck. They are all very much appreciated. The service on Friday worked out well -- with Chuck and I being so unconventional, and Chuck being such an avid golfer, I thought it appropriate to lay him out in his golf clothes, complete with his cleats and his golf clubs nearby. It was what he would have wanted - being surrounded by his family and his golf clubs - the things most important to him! Additionally, a DVD memorializing some of his life's special moments was made, and can be viewed online at www.mem.com. Just plug in his last name (Ryan) and select him from the list. If you wish to view it, choose Slide Show instead of Play Movie -- it's quicker. He is being cremated today, with a burial of most of the cremains early next week at the VA cemetery. The remaining ashes will be sprinkled at sea later this summer, while hosting a few drinks in Chuck's memory! Chuck loved a good party, and would have hated anything too morbid. Unfortunately, everyone who visited me last week seemed to be concerned that I wasn't eating properly and fed me! I gained 3 pounds! In any case, I know the next few months will be tough for me adjusting to life without him, but I thank you for your continued support and prayers. I am back to work today and trying to keep putting one foot in front of the other and taking it one day at a time. Lap RNY 6/16/03 - 336/186/156?
Marilyn R.
on 5/24/04 1:20 am - Queens, NY
Dear Nannette, Thank you for sharing, it truly touched my heart. I love that you are celebrating his life. It's what he wanted and you have fullfilled it. God bless you and your family. Love Marilyn
Domsmema
on 5/26/04 5:51 am - Winter Haven, FL
Nan, hi from florida! I am glad things went as well as they did with Chuck. Sounds like a wonderful celerbration of his life and speaks multitudes for the life you shared. god bless. I will check on you when I get back to NJ Love Joyce
Most Active
Recent Topics