I have a date, but need approval...

IrishIze
on 5/20/04 11:04 pm - NJ
I had my consult with Dr. Holup today. He seems very nice and knowledgeable. He gave me the whole story. The stats on mortality and other complications was kind of frightening, but of course, it needs to be told. We set my surgery date for July 19 at Holy Name Hospital. Now I need to get insurance approval. The secretary at the doctor's office told me that Aetna is the most difficult to get approval for....of course. I have to show that I have been on a doctor monitored diet for at least 6 months in the last two years. I did Weigh****chers from March, 2003 to December, 2003, and my medical charts should show my weight loss (40 lbs. ) and regain (55 lbs ). My doctor and I discussed the diet and the need to lose weight because of my hypertension and high cholesterol, but I didn't go every month - maybe every six weeks. My weight loss chart from WW should be a help, and I also have a financial transcript from them. I have an appointment with my PCP on Wednesday to discuss this. Fingers, toes and all that stuff crossed....
Most Active
Recent Topics