Aetna HMO help - please!!

IrishIze
on 5/19/04 4:02 am - NJ
Any post ops with Aetna HMO experience, I need your help. Any suggestions you can offer would be of great help. I had my initial consult with my bariatric surgeon, Dr. Holup, today and I have my surgery date - July 19th! I'm really excited, but I have a lot to do before then. The office staff told me that Aetna is the most difficult insurance company to get approval from. I did Weigh****chers last year from March to December, and I can get my credit card statements for proof, but they said I needed to show I was under a doctor's care. I was under a doctor's care for hypertension and high cholestrol, and my weight was definitely noted on my chart, but I didn't go every week! I made an appointment with my PCP to see what kind a letter she'll be willing to write. I also have to see a psychiatrist, a nutritionist, a cardiologist and I have to do a sleep study. I have a prescription for the sleep study from Dr. Holup, do I still need to get a referral from my PCP for all of these things?
dpnna
on 5/19/04 9:55 am - w. orange, nj
hi- from experience I know your PCP's letter must include dates, weights & diet/nutrition councelling from the last year -especially last 6 months- they can even ask for his office chart notes! good luck! Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics