He's Gone!

Nannette
on 5/18/04 12:23 pm - Toms River, NJ
Well, it happened at 8:55am this morning. My beloved DH of 27 years passed away this morning. Even though I knew it was coming within the next few weeks, it still hit me hard and as a surprise. Worst of all, I wasn't with him when the end came, which is something I wanted to do. In any case, I've been told that he went calmly in his sleep shortly after I checked on him this morning. He's finally out of pain -- it had gotten so bad at the end, that I am relieved that he is no longer suffering. But when I think about a life ahead without him, I get so sad and angry too -- we spent our entire relationship laughing -- he was always such a hoot to be around. In our entire marriage, we NEVER had a major fight - sure we bickered, but never about anything serious, and we never stayed angry for more than a couple of hours. I can't imagine not having him to laugh with! Say a few prayers for him and for me being able to make a future for myself without him! I loved him so.... Lap RNY 6/16/03 -- 336/188/155?
cmr3399
on 5/18/04 12:35 pm - Bayville, NJ
Nannette.......All I can say is I am sooo sorry to here this. Like you stated, he is in peace now, but I know life will be hard without him. You both are in my prayers. (((((HUG))))) I know you ned one. XOXOXOXOX Christine
NJChick
on 5/18/04 12:35 pm - NJ
I am so sorry Nannette. Please accept my sincerest condolences. With not being there when he passed, well the same thing happened to my mother when my grandmother passed. She walked out of the room for two minutes and my grandmother died. I will say a prayer for you and your family.....
IrishIze
on 5/18/04 1:08 pm - NJ
I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. I know it's awful for you now, but what wonderful memories you have to keep your beloved husband with you forever. You, your husband, and all who loved him are in my thoughts and prayers.
Irene S.
on 5/18/04 1:40 pm - NJ
Nanette, I am so sorry for your loss. I read your post about coming to a difficult decision about home vs. nursing home care. Although I didn't get a chance to tell you, I have been praying for your family. I will continue to keep your family in my prayers during this difficult time. Irene
Roxanne Piligno
on 5/19/04 2:00 am - RUNNEMEDE, NJ
Nanette,I AM SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.. I'LL KEEP U IN MY PRAYS..
bellafem
on 5/19/04 3:42 am - Union, NJ
Hi Nanette..I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your DH. I'm widowed also and if you'd like to talk or email back and forth at anytime don't hesitate to do so. I'm here for you..May God bless you and keep you well. Christine
Jim M.
on 5/19/04 4:57 am - Brick, NJ
Dear Nanette, I am so very sorry for your loss. Like so many I have been following your posts and knew this day was coming. I pray for you and your family, best wishes. Jim
Kathy S.
on 5/19/04 7:10 am - Rio Grande, NJ
Nannette I am so sorry for your loss. God will give you the strength to carry on and just renember your beloved is not in pain. You have to be there for your children. Later in the month I will e-mail about the quality of life my husband has. I hope my story will make you feel that you can go on. Kathy
Linda 1.
on 5/19/04 12:25 pm - Northern, NJ
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Most Active
Recent Topics