It's getting close

Kathy S.
on 5/11/04 11:53 am - Rio Grande, NJ
I am schedule for surgury on June 9 and I have started telling everyone I am having surgury. I am scared because I never had an operation. Is this normal? I want to know if I need someone to be with me 24 hours a day when I came home. I know everything will be ok I just want to get it over with. Kathy
Yvonne C.
on 5/11/04 3:41 pm - Garfield, NJ
Dear Kathy, I share your fear (my surgery is in 12 days)! I too am worried and telling friends yet about my surgery. While some are still lecturing me about my decision, I know it is the right one for me, and at the end of the day thats what keeps me from climbing the walls. I will be alone at least part of the time after surgery, since its just me and my husband. My husband works two jobs, and wont be able to stay home with me. My younger sister is having her WLS on the same day as me, and my dad and older sister will be taking care of her. I hope I can go online and find you and others like you to keep me sane while I heal. I hope you will do the same when your time comes! If you can get someone to stay with you for a few days though, I encourage you to do so! Its always great to have someone right there with you, especially if you are sore, and scared. Having someone with you to make you a little more comfortable will probably be a great help to you. I am not post-op myself though so maybe someone else who is can answer you better though. Either Way, Keep your head up! You will do just great, and I hope to hear from you soon! Yvonne
Kathy S.
on 5/11/04 6:53 pm - Rio Grande, NJ
Yvonne Please kep me inform about your surgery. I have been on diets my entire life and everyone that I have talked to, would do it again in a heartbeat. I have only gotten support from everyone. Tonight I go to a support group and they are telling me not to worry. Today I go for preadmission test and psy evulation. Please let me know when you are going. If you need to talk just e-mail. Kathy
Yvonne C.
on 5/12/04 7:05 am - Garfield, NJ
Dear Kathy, Thanks for your response! My pre-op tests are scheduled for May 17th, and 18th. After that it is all a go! I'm still nervous, but managing! Yesterday I decided to pack away my winter clothes and pull out my summer clothes (YES, I am a bad procrastinator!). That when I realized that next winter, none of my sweaters are going to fit anymore! I decided to pack them into a bag to take to a clothing swap after my surgery. My hubby is sure we are going to go broke since I'll need a new wardrobe after surgery, but he is really supportive and wants what is best for me. Of course, he's extra happy with the 'type' of new clothes I'll be able to choose from too!LOL!: Today I shopped for my vitamins, Calcium supplements, and a few other things. I'm wondering if I can take Viactive for my calcium? I'm gonna have to ask my nutritionist though since they may be too sweet or chewy to digest well. I wasn't sure which Iron supplements to buy either, and they were all pretty expensive. I don't want to take the liquid Iron though since it stains your teeth! Well, thats all for now! Keep in touch, and let me know how your appointments went! Yvonne
Most Active
Recent Topics