Problem finding participating surgeons...

IrishIze
on 5/10/04 2:18 am - NJ
I have Aetna HMO and I am having a tough time finding bariatric surgeons in my area (Wayne, Oakland, Paramus area). I called Aetna and they said they don't have them listed as 'bariatric surgeons' and I would have to go through the entire list of surgeons on the website and ask if they perform this surgery!!! What's up with that???
Joisey_Girl
on 5/10/04 2:50 am - NJ
Hi Nancy! Have you checked out the list of Bariatric Surgeons for NJ: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/showdocs.phtml?State=NJ I also have Aetna and believe me, I called almost every surgeon listed for NJ and NOT ONE of them accepts Aetna. I was told I would have to go "out of network", which I am doing. I ended up having my consultation with Barix Clinics (formerly known as The Bariatric Treatment Centers) in Langhorne, PA. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any other questions or if I can help further!
jlewisjr
on 5/10/04 6:12 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Nancy: My surgeon, Dr. Jordan Garrison accepts Aetna. I have Aetna and he did my surgery. He has offices in Newark and Denville. Contact Donna at his office at 973-877-5059 in Newark or 973-627-7100 in Denville. Jesse
Dianna H.
on 5/10/04 9:31 am - Hawthorne, NJ
Hi Nancy, There are a few doctors who take Aetna. Dr. Benotti of Ridgewood-(201-447-8414 Dr Joseph Kamelgard of Wayne-973=754-2030. The one I went to is Dr Bale. She is at UMDNJ in Newark.It is not hard to get to. You can also go to Find Bariatric Surgeons on the home page and it will take you to a map of the US and all you have to do is put the arrow on NJ and it will give you a list of surgeons and all you do is view the ones near you.That is were I found my surgeon.GOOD LUCK,Dianna
IrishIze
on 5/10/04 9:44 am - NJ
I would love to go to Dr. Kamelgard, but I have Aetna HMO, and that's somehow different. When I search on the Aetna website, neither Dr. Kamelgard nor Dr. Benotti come up as being in the network. I even called and was told no, they are not participating surgeons. I have found Dr. Holup who works out of Pascack Valley Hospital, and as soon as I get my referral I will make an appointment with him. Thanks all for your suggestions!
Patti S.
on 5/10/04 12:03 pm - North Haledon, NJ
Try my surgeon out of saddlebrook his name is Dr. J C Kollar he is a general surgeon but specializes in Bariatric surgery lap. if you have any questions feel free to email me at [email protected]. his Telephone Number is 201-712-7900. Good luck Patti
lorien
on 5/10/04 10:14 pm - morris county, nj
Just for kicks, check with Dr. Garth Ballantyne's office, Hackensack. The reason I suggest it, is that he's actually a hospital employee (HUMC), not private practice . . . . I'm sure hackensack must take aetna, right?
Jenindi75
on 5/24/04 11:01 am - Union City, NJ
Hi Nancy! I'm from South Jersey but I had my surgery done in North Jersey. I went to Dr. Abkin. His office is in Florham Park and he operates in Morristown. I'm pretty sure they take Aetna. Their number is 973-410-9700. He is wonderful and very pleasant to talk to. The girls there are helpful as well. Best of luck! Jennifer 03/08/04 288/-51
Most Active
Recent Topics