Awaiting initial approval from Cigna POS, Need Some Support !!

Susan Hegarty
on 5/8/04 7:23 am - Easton, PA
Well here I am starting my journey. The most important journey of my life. I have been battling my weight since I can remember. I have been through so much and came through to the othe side. But my weight seems to be something I have not been able to control, it controls me. This is the first time I am actually speaking about it like this because it is such a painful part of me. I am embarassed by how much weight and the amount of weight I have gained over the years, to the point where I have a hard time holding my head up with confidence and liking who I am. I am the only overweight member of my family and it really bothers me. I avoid family functions and socializing with friends if it involves going out places or being aroung groups of people. I have faild at so many diets in the past and I am tired of failing. When I researched this site and spoke to others who have had the surgery it gave me hope and for the first time I can see a light at the end of this long struggle. I only hope and pray that my insurance can see that this will saving my life and helping me to discover who I really am. I know the journey has just begun, but I am in this for the long haul and with prayer, faith, support and hard work...Anything is possible......
IrishIze
on 5/8/04 7:57 am - NJ
Hi Susan, I am also awaiting approval. I feel like every week I get heavier and I've never been this heavy. I have missed so many functions - my high school reunion, familiy weddings, etc. because I am embarassed for people to see just how heavy I have become. I'm praying that I get the approval for my surgery, and look forward to using this powerful tool to get healthy again and feel better about myself. I hope the same for you!
Susan Hegarty
on 5/8/04 9:28 am - Easton, PA
Hi nancy, thanks for the message. It is very nerve wracking waiting on the insurance, especially reading some peoples nightmare stories. What insurance do you have? Susan
IrishIze
on 5/8/04 10:49 pm - NJ
I have Aetna HMO and with that my PCP has to get permission to get a referral to a bariatric surgeon. She is in the process of that now. Once we get that approval, I can make an appointment with the surgeon and s/he needs to get the approval for the surgery....
Yvonne C.
on 5/8/04 1:45 pm - Garfield, NJ
Hi Susan, I'm waiting for my insurance approval right now too. Its making me nuts! I have been waiting for over a week now, and I keep thinking the doctors office is going to call me to tell me i am denied like many others I've heard about. I know realistically you can't do anything about it, but it doesn't make it any less nerve racking! Good Luck! Yvonne
lorien
on 5/9/04 10:17 pm - morris county, nj
Oh man, that wait for the insurance is the longest, slowest . . . . took me about a month for approval (the longest month of my life) and miracle of miracles I've got CIGNA POS, too. Good luck to all of you. I'm a year out on the 29th. Best thing I ever did for myself. Hugs!
Susan Hegarty
on 5/9/04 10:22 pm - Easton, PA
Hi Linda, thanks for your encouraging letter. I just hope and pray that everything goes well with Cugna. I know that this is in Gods time and not mine. I am willing to wait but I just want to do the right thing for myself, which I know is this surgery. I have composed a letter to the insurance but I dont know if I should submit it now or wait until/if the appove my initial consult with the surgeon, Dr Andrei. Is there any advice you can give me working with Cigna?
lorien
on 5/10/04 2:11 am - morris county, nj
Susan, I was probably a combination of very dumb and very lucky. My doc's office did everything. The only contact I had with CIGNA was my incessant checking to see if I'd been approved yet. Prior to my consult, Dr B's office sent me some forms to fill out and bring with me. The bulk of it was my diet history . . . most of which was my own diets and commercial programs. Very little had a doctor involved. I had no co morbidities, other than the usual aches and pains that go with being obese. Its been my understanding from reading this board that during the past year many insurance companies are getting stricter and wanting doctor supervised diet history. But who knows. A lot does depend on what kind of coverage your employer has actually purchased. I do so wish you luck. If theres anything I can do, or if you just want to e-chat, gimme a write. Hugs, Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics