One Year Ago Today...

Denise W.
on 5/6/04 1:31 am - Maple Shade, NJ
I had my surgery! I don't even know what to say. I'm excited, amazed, overjoyed, LIGHT! WITHOUT A DOUBT, this was the BEST possible thing I ever could have done for myself. Just the freedom of mobility makes me want to cry for joy. To not be in back pain and to walk and not get tired, it's just great - beyond great - it's fantastic! So, want to hear my stats? This time last year, I weight 364 lbs, had a BMI of 56 and my body fat percentage of 54%. One year later, I now weigh 181lbs, have lost 183 lbs and have a BMI of 27 and a body fat percentage of 20%!!! All in ONE year! I'm literally half the woman I use to be! I went from a size 34 pair of pants and a 4X top, to size 12 pants and a medium top - I laugh every time I look in the mirror because I can't believe it's really me! While I bask in all this excitement of accomplishment, I know deep down the real work is just beginning. I have never in my life, EVER, made it to maintance, so this will be my challenge this upcoming year. I have made it a personal goal to NEVER allow that scale to go up more than 5 lbs in the wrong direction - so this will be my goal to achieve in the next 52 weeks - can I do it? I sure hope so - I'm loaded with a whole lot more confidence then ever before, along with the knowledge that exercise does matter - I still don't like that word, but I sure do like how it makes me feel afterwards. I've had a year of learning new food habits, learning to say goodbye to old "bad" foods, support from wonderful friends, family members and co-workers - as well as fellow GBSers. So I'm going to gather all that up and use it to get me through my first year of maintenance. Wish me luck! Denise
lorien
on 5/6/04 2:30 am - morris county, nj
Happy anniversary! May 29th is my one year anniversary and boy oh boy do I hear ya!
capri72
on 5/6/04 9:19 am - Newark, NJ
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
Amy B.
on 5/6/04 9:40 am - maple shade, NJ
Congrats and Happy Anniversary.
IrishIze
on 5/6/04 11:24 pm - NJ
Denise, congratulations on your wonderful success with WLS!!! Your stats are amazing and your attitude is wonderful. Wishing you continued success!!!
JENNIFER M.
on 5/6/04 11:41 pm - EDISON, NJ
Denise, At the present time I am EXACTLY where you were a year ago. I am going to my initial consultation today and I can't wait. I am a little nervous and scared, but at the same time eager to get the ball rolling. I am so looking forward to feeling better and pain free also. I am 31 years old and I have lived with obesity every since I was a kid. I am ready for this change. Congrats on your one year anniversary and keep reaching for the stars. Jennifer Maxwell
Denise W.
on 5/7/04 4:39 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Good luck as you begin you're journey - you're in for the ride of your life! Denise
Nannette
on 5/6/04 11:51 pm - Toms River, NJ
Congrats Denise -- my one year anniversary is right around the corner -- June 16th. Although I am pleased with my progress (145# loss so far), I can't compete with yours! You have done wonderfully, and with your resolve and determination, I imagine that you will successfully maintain! Keep up the good work.
Wish G.
on 5/7/04 2:40 am - Bloomingdale, NJ
Congratulations on your success you have done a wonderful job. I know you have work ahead of you but I know you can and will do it. Keep up the exercise, it truly is important. Kelly
SJWendy
on 5/9/04 11:57 am - Swedesboro, NJ
Hi Denise, Happy Anniversary and congratulations on ALL your success' the past year. Seems like yesterday when I was e-mailing you asking questions about WLS, and now its been a year for you. I'm 7 wks out now, can't believe how great I feel and your story is very inspiring to me for my future, I hope I can suceed like you! Your determination and postive outlook on a healthy lifestyle will keep you in check during your maintenance I'm sure! Take care, Wendy
Most Active
Recent Topics