Bleeding to death

Elizabeth A.
on 4/28/04 1:07 pm - Beachwood, NJ
Hello everyone I have a question Anyone suffer from ulcers after surgery? This past weekend I almost hemorrage to death. I started vomitting buckets of blood. My hemoglobins became dangerously low and I was critical in intensive care at Jersey shore hospital. I have had pain on and off for months.But thought it was just dumping a symptom of gastric bypass surgery. I am now home on meds and on the mends trying to raise hemoglobin count. So my advice to all is Dont let pain go undiagnosed. Liz
Irene S.
on 4/28/04 1:24 pm - NJ
How very, very scary!!! Glad you made it through. Take it easy and be gentle on yourself while you recover. irene
karen B.
on 4/28/04 10:11 pm - NJ
Liz, I do hope you are feeling better by now. What a terrible scary thing to happen. How strange to form ulcers in that small new stomach........I will keep you in my prayers !! Did you have your surgery at Jersey Shore and would the same Dr treat you that did your surgery ?? I had lap band 7 wks ago and just started with a strange new pain about a week ago....thanks to you I will give the DR a call today.
DJ
on 4/29/04 7:59 am - Parsippany, NJ
So sorry to hear about this... I guess it is true what they say.. "Pain is the bodies way of telling us something is wrong." Next time we will all listen. Good Luck to you and stay well.
Most Active
Recent Topics