Hello My Fellow New Jerseyans:

capri72
on 4/28/04 12:33 pm - Newark, NJ
I have been to this site everyday for the past 3 weeks and have finally decided to stop being a onlooker & be a participant. I am currently waiting for my initial visit with perspective surgeon (Dr. Garrison). I made this choice due to all the individuals that posted their opinions in regards to his work. My appt. is May 6th. I am very anxious to get the ball rolling. I will have to use you as my sounding board due to the fact that every one in my life is against what I am doing. So I will not say anything until it's time. I'm ready to begin this journey and I hope that you don't mind us traveling it together. Until next time
JUANITA A.
on 4/28/04 9:50 pm - UNION CITY, NJ
(Sent you an e-mail separately.) I'm from Union City I wouldn't mind being your sounding board. My surgery will be this coming Tuesday May 4 th 2004. And as for you keep the ball rolling and do what is right for you. Good Luck Jenny
IrishIze
on 4/29/04 3:09 am - NJ
Hi Niquette. I am fortunate that most everyone I know is supportive. My mom isn't that supportive, only because she's afraid of the surgery. I am pre-op and have just started getting my approvals. I have the full support and commitment to approval of my PCP, and she is sending the letter to Aetna in the next day or so. Then I cross my fingers. I am still in the process of picking out a surgeon. Maybe we can 'hold hands' and go through this process together, and who knows, maybe somewhere down the road we all get together!
capri72
on 4/29/04 9:37 am - Newark, NJ
That would be a wonderful idea Nancy. I know that they have my best interest at heart and I appreciate them so much. But I just get tired of them saying all you have to do is try harder and eat better. They don't understand that food can be a serious addiction. I know that in time they will understand that I am doing this to live. I just won't let anyone know until I get approved (hopefullY approved). Well don't worry I have your back and we will be just fine. Until next time. Keep in Touch.
Most Active
Recent Topics